Author Topic: Libs Demanded Sarah Huckabee Sanders Remove a Cross Drawn by Her Kids. Here's Her Response.  (Read 831 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Libs Demanded Sarah Huckabee Sanders Remove a Cross Drawn by Her Kids. Here's Her Response.

Spencer Brown
 |  June 30, 2023 1:45 PM

Joyless leftists, as they are prone to do, got all triggered when Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders' kids used chalk to draw a cross surrounded by colorful stained glass-like shapes on the driveway at the governor's mansion this week.

Gov. Sanders had shared a photo of her kids and their artwork to social media, which naturally upset the usual suspects.

Quickly, the hall monitors at Americans United for the Separation of Church and State issued a demand letter: remove the chalk rendering of a cross.

The group claimed that its presence at the official home of Arkansas' executive was a violation of the Constitution.

Americans United wrote:

The religious display at the entrance to the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion violates the Establishment Clause because it sends a message that the Governor’s office—and by extension, the state of Arkansas—favors one religion over others. Such favoritism is unconstitutional. You and your family are free to display and create religious images and art in private areas of your residence, but a public-facing display in front of an entrance intended “to welcome people into the Governor’s mansion” is plainly on the wrong side of the constitutional line.

Never mind, apparently, that "separation of church and state" is not found in the Constitution, nor does having a kids' chalk depiction of a rather universal religious symbol rise to the level of establishing a state religion.

In what should come as a surprise to no one, Gov. Sanders is not backing down, bending to the will of the no-God-in-government crowd at Americans United, or agreeing to relegate her family's beliefs to only private expressions.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/06/30/libs-demanded-the-removal-of-a-cross-drawn-by-sarah-huckabee-sanders-kids-her-response-is-perfect-n2625186
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 03:02:36 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sarah for president!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The artwork I think is beautiful!  I am glad that she didn't back down. So far she hasn't backed down from much and she has some integrity.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
She's my favorite person to come out of the Trump Administration.  Definitely like to see bigger things from her down the road.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That is a piece of art.   You like your "Piss" Jesus you can keep your piss Jesus.  Leave that Chalk Stained Glass alone.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Its a chalk drawing.  It will be gone after the next couple of rains anyway.  This argument from the leftists is stupid.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Its a chalk drawing.  It will be gone after the next couple of rains anyway.  This argument from the leftists is stupid.

It's beyond stupid.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

But her response is absolutely perfect!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Arguments from the leftists are always stupid!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is a piece of art.   You like your "Piss" Jesus you can keep your piss Jesus.  Leave that Chalk Stained Glass alone.
:yowsa: 888high58888 :beer: :thumbsup:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WTH?

Kids can't draw crosses now?

Has ANYBODY on the left ever heard of "freedom of speech"?

BTW,those must be some VERY artistically gifted children if they really did draw all those blocks  and the cross by themselves.

While I am not a big fan of crosses,I am in awe of their talent.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Wingnut

Yup!

It's called "Individual Freedoms",and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Which is a shame.

Am I the only one in awe of the creativity and talent it took to create that,and these are just kids!

BTW,WHERE is it carved in rock that you are required to hold the same beliefs as an artist of any type?

Offline Kamaji

But her response is absolutely perfect!

Absolutely!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Which is a shame.

Am I the only one in awe of the creativity and talent it took to create that,and these are just kids!

BTW,WHERE is it carved in rock that you are required to hold the same beliefs as an artist of any type?

@sneakypete

I think the artwork is amazing!  And nobody is telling people they have to like it.  However, atheists are demanding it be destroyed so nobody can enjoy it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I think the artwork is amazing!  And nobody is telling people they have to like it.  However, atheists are demanding it be destroyed so nobody can enjoy it.

@Cyber Liberty

I am an atheist,and was VERY impressed at the creativity and beauty created by two kids who aren't even adults.

BTW,I really don't give a bleep who or what you worship,as long as you don't try to  force everyone else to follow.

Live and let live. Not all,or even many atheists are demanding it be removed. Only the attention whores.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 08:18:30 pm by sneakypete »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I am an atheist,and was VERY impressed at the creativity and beauty created by two kids who aren't even adults.

BTW,I really don't give a bleep who or what you worship,as long as you don't try to  force everyone else to follow.

Live and let live. Not all,or even many atheists are demanding it be removed. Only the attention whores.

The ultimate irony in this, is God or whoever will be erasing this with water in the coming weeks or months.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The ultimate irony in this, is God or whoever will be erasing this with water in the coming weeks or months.

But the images will long remain. As will Sarah's handling of the demands.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You didn't see them wailing and gnashing teeth when bidet hung that big pride flag at the white house.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley