Author Topic: Boston University law students offered therapy in response to recent Supreme Court decisions  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 30, 2023 8:49pm EDT
Boston University law students offered therapy in response to recent Supreme Court decisions
Law students were sent mental health resources to help 'navigate these times'

By Andrea Vacchiano | Fox News

Boston University School of Law students were offered therapy after three controversial Supreme Court decisions this week about affirmative action, religious freedom and student debt forgiveness.

The BU Law Student Government Association's (SGA) statement, sent out to law students Friday afternoon, denounced the three Supreme Court decisions of the week: Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard, 303 Creative LLC. v. Elenis and Biden v. Nebraska.

In an email obtained by Fox News Digital, the student board began by lambasting the Supreme Court's decision in the Students for Fair Admissions case, which declared race-based affirmative action in college admissions is unconstitutional.

"[The assenting judges] went so far as to say that the race-based admission system uses race as a negative and operates it as a stereotype," the letter stated. "They may couch their opinion in legal jargon, but we all know what this opinion aims to do: advocate for a ‘colorblind’ admission process."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-university-law-students-offered-therapy-response-recent-supreme-court-decisions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hand out binkies and Prozac.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online andy58-in-nh

These prissy, pampered little pusses appear to live in mortal fear of equality, freedom of expression and personal responsibility.

That is: when they are not bullying those with whom they disagree.

The Real World frightens them, so they have tried to replace it with an artificial one, wherein their wishes and beliefs are never challenged.

Good luck with that.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

O.M.G.

What a bunch of privileged, entitled snowflakes.

Online mountaineer

Assuming they graduate and get jobs as *gasp* lawyers, can you imagine the meltdowns every time they lose a case - which, given the poor quality of their legal education, probably will be all the time?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Assuming they graduate and get jobs as *gasp* lawyers, can you imagine the meltdowns every time they lose a case - which, given the poor quality of their legal education, probably will be all the time?

That would depend on where they practice these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien