Exclusive Content > Editorials

Today's SCOTUS victories v. 2020 Election Challenges

(1/17) > >>

Maj. Bill Martin:
It occurred to me this today that the attacks by the Left today on the Supreme Court sound remarkably like a lot of the attacks by some conservatives on the Supreme Court regarding how it handled the 2020 election cases. 

A bunch of conservatives (especially Trump supporters....) attacked the Supreme Court in the wake of the 2020 election, claiming that the Court had "sold out" or was just a part of the "Deep State".  Plenty of arguments that the Court was no longer legitimate, etc..  And to be honest, a lot of that same language has been used any time SCOTUS issues a decision that conservatives don't like.  The doom and gloom Deep Staters always come out in force every time that happens.

But then today, when the Supreme Court issues some really important decisions that cut in a conservative direction, it is the Leftists who are now whining, and conservatives who tout the legitimacy of the Court and say how its decisions should be respected.

So I guess SCOTUS is only legitimate when it does what we want, eh?

:2popcorn:

MOD3:
Moved to Exclusive Content category

Cyber Liberty:
I think it is reasonable to wonder why the SCOTUS refused to grant Standing in the 2020 challenges.  The cases were ripe.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on June 30, 2023, 06:24:03 pm ---I think it is reasonable to wonder why the SCOTUS refused to grant Standing in the 2020 challenges.  The cases were ripe.

--- End quote ---

Because the Court does not want to wade into election-related cases unless the evidence is crystal clear and undeniable.  Which was not the case.  Wading into a dubious case would jeopardize the Court's independence.

bigheadfred:
Throw in the Roberts decision on Obamacare. Roberts, arguably, caved to outside pressure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version