Author Topic: Republican presidential cand2024 GOP Field Split On Ending Birthright Citizenship  (Read 199 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2024 GOP Field Split On Ending Birthright Citizenship
Republican Presidential Candidate Ron DeSantis Meets With Residents Along The Southern U.S. 

DIANA GLEBOVA
WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT
June 29, 2023
8:19 PM ET

Republican presidential candidates are at odds about whether to end birthright citizenship, but several of those polling at the top, including former President Donald Trump, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, have all said they oppose automatic citizenship for those who enter the country illegally.

The 14th amendment grants citizenship to those “born or naturalized in the United States.” Some Republicans argue that the language of the amendment is unclear on whether it applies to those who enter the country illegally, and point to the rates of birthright to illegal immigrants in the United States. Proponents of birthright say it would require a constitutional amendment to alter current laws.

Trump has come out with the most comprehensive policy to end birthright for the children of illegal immigrants, vowing to issue an executive order on his first day in office. DeSantis has pledged to “take action” to end birthright citizenship for illegal immigrants, but has not outlined his policies specifically. (RELATED: ‘Invasion’: Trump Vows To End Birthright Citizenship For Children Of Illegal Immigrants)

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/29/2024-gop-field-split-ending-birthright-citizenship/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It isn't the GOP that is split, its conservatives and rinos who are split. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It isn't the GOP that is split, its conservatives and rinos who are split. :nono:

Exactly.  Those who are wrong on this are also wrong on just about everything else.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: