Author Topic: Mike Pence makes surprise visit to Ukraine, meets with Zelensky: ‘Bigger than politics’  (Read 143 times)

Online mountaineer

Mike Pence makes surprise visit to Ukraine, meets with Zelensky: ‘Bigger than politics’
Ryan King
June 29, 2023
New York Post

Former Vice President and current presidential candidate Mike Pence made an unannounced visit to Ukraine Thursday, becoming the first declared 2024 Republican contender to meet with Kyiv’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky.

The 64-year-old made the trip with Samaritan’s Purse, an evangelical Christian humanitarian organization that the former VP previously accompanied to Poland and Ukraine, a Pence adviser said.

“This is bigger than politics,” Pence told NBC News.

“I really do believe that if Vladimir Putin and the Russian military were to overrun Ukraine, it wouldn’t be too long before they cross the border where our men and women would be required to fight,” he continued. ...

I'm disappointed Samaritan's Purse permitted itself to be used for this purely political purpose.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Mike Pence
@Mike_Pence
I know the difference between a genius and a war criminal, and I know who needs to win this war in Ukraine, and it's the people fighting for their freedom and fighting to restore their national sovereignty. There is no room in our party for apologists for Putin. There is only room for champions of freedom.
5:02 PM · Jun 29, 2023

:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org