Author Topic: Elderly woman who Adams compared to slave owner is tenant advocate who fled Nazis during WWII  (Read 257 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 NYC woman, 84, who Eric Adams compared to slave owner is tenant advocate who fled Nazis
By Steven Vago and
Alex Oliveira   
June 29, 2023 4:17pm

The woman who Mayor Eric Adams compared to a plantation owner during a fiery town hall exchange on Wednesday is a decades-long tenants advocate who’s lived in New York City since she and her parents left Europe fleeing from the Nazis.

Jeanie Dubnau, 84, an assistant professor of biology at Rutgers University, told The Post that Adams’ comments about her were merely “deflection” to avoid accountability for his policies.

“The main point is that the mayor has shown he’s an enemy of all the rent stabilized tenants in New York City,” she said.

“You know, Mayor Adams is a landlord stooge and the enemy of tenants in New York City. He gets millions of dollars from real estate. That’s the main issue here.”

During a townhall in at the Gregorio Luperon High School for Science and Mathematics in Washington Heights, Dubnau interrupted Mayor Adams and accused him of responsibility for the Rent Guidelines Board voting to allow landlords to hike rent on rent-stabilized apartments up to 6 percent.

When Adams insisted he “does not control the [Rent] Guidelines Board,” Dubnau didn’t back down and shouted while vigorously pointing that he’d previously voiced his support for the rent increases.

Mayor Adams compared tenants advocate Jeanie Dubnau to a plantation owner for asking a question about rent prices during a town hall meeting.

Evidently perturbed, Adams responded calmly “First, if you’re going to ask a question, don’t point at me, and don’t be disrespectful to me.”

“I’m the mayor of this city and treat me with the respect that would deserve to be treated. I’m speaking to you as an adult.

“Don’t stand in front like you treated someone that’s on the plantation that you own.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/29/nyc-woman-eric-adams-shot-down-is-tenant-advocate-who-fled-nazis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

She should have told him:  Mr. Mayor, First, you work for me, not the other way around; as such, however old you are, you are still my employee.  Second, respect is not demanded, it is earned; you will get from me as much of my respect as you have earned, and not a jot more.