Author Topic: Biden Slams Supreme Court for Affirmative Action Decision: ‘This Is Not a Normal Court’  (Read 2485 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Slams Supreme Court for Affirmative Action Decision: ‘This Is Not a Normal Court’

Joel B. Pollak 29 Jun 2023

President Joe Biden slammed the U.S. Supreme Court for its decision striking down racial preferences in college admissions on Thursday, declaring in the White House: “This is not a normal court.”

Biden scheduled a press event to react to the decision in Students for Fair Admissions v. President and Fellows of Harvard College, in which a group representing Asian-American students sued Harvard and the University of North Carolina over their affirmative action programs. The court struck down racial preferences in college admissions that could not meet the “strict scrutiny” standards of the Constitution’s Fourteenth Amendment.

Biden slammed the decision, saying that it interfered with colleges’ discretion over how best to achieve diversity within their student bodies — presuming that “diversity,” not excellence, is the purpose of college admissions.

He proposed an alternative standard for admission, an “adversity” standard that would examine an applicant’s socioeconomic circumstances and the difficulties they had to overcome to qualify for college. All applicants, he said, that met the academic standards for admission should then be measured by the “adversity” they had experienced. He did not explain how “adversity” might be an unconstitutional proxy for racial criteria.

Biden pounded the lectern and vowed to continue fighting for what he described as America’s core values.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/29/biden-slams-supreme-court-for-affirmative-action-decision-this-is-not-a-normal-court/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Thank you, President Donald J. Trump!     :patriot:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Keep talking that coup language Joe. You gonna wipe away the SCOTUS?
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

A large percentage, possible a majority, of potential students discriminated against by Harvard were east, southeast, and south Asian people. Why does Biden and many/most Progs hate Asian people?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
A large percentage, possible a majority, of potential students discriminated against by Harvard were east, southeast, and south Asian people. Why does Biden and many/most Progs hate Asian people?

Well sorta hate them, they are fine with them paying bribes to funnel back to them.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

This was one of his more incoherent "statements" ever. What a joke.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

Thank you, President Donald J. Trump!     :patriot:

The primary reason I voted for DJT in 2016 was for judicial picks. So I will thank him, whoever made the suggested list and McConnel.

Offline Kamaji

The primary reason I voted for DJT in 2016 was for judicial picks. So I will thank him, whoever made the suggested list and McConnel.

Agreed.

Offline berdie

This was one of his more incoherent "statements" ever. What a joke.

That comment and his whole presser was incoherent. I was thinking there must be something wrong with me 'cause
I didn't understand a dang word he babbled. **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

That comment and his whole presser was incoherent. I was thinking there must be something wrong with me 'cause
I didn't understand a dang word he babbled. **nononono*
He repeated every other phrase a time or two, so there was absolutely no continuity to anything he said. It was pure blather.

Offline Kamaji

It just astounds me how liberals/leftists have convinced themselves that racism is ok.

Offline mountaineer

It just astounds me how liberals/leftists have convinced themselves that racism is ok.
Check out this tweet from Erica Marsh, self-described former field organizer to elect Biden and a volunteer for the Obama Foundation:
Today's Supreme Court decision is a direct attack on Black people. No Black person will be able to succeed in a merit-based system which is exactly why affirmative-action based programs were needed. Today's decision is a TRAVESTY!!!
Does she grasp that she's calling black folks stupid, helpless and intellectually inferior?

EDIT TO ADD: I'm now seeing that some believe this is a parody account, but no one seems to know for sure. Considering the bigotry of the Democrat Party, it's a real poser.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 11:06:42 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Check out this tweet from Erica Marsh, self-described former field organizer to elect Biden and a volunteer for the Obama Foundation:Does she grasp that she's calling black folks stupid, helpless and intellectually inferior?

Nope! Next question.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

This is actually 'Racism' against Asians being struck down, with "The White Man" caught in the crossfire.

The White Man set the original HARVARD and NORTH CAROLINA admission standards...

and found themselves losing acceptance letters to more deserving Asian students.

Now, they're being blamed for the correct ruling by the SCOTUS 6-3.

Justice Clarence Thomas, usually mute, was compelled to read his 'concurring' opinion from the bench.

...and Summer just started.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

Check out this tweet from Erica Marsh, self-described former field organizer to elect Biden and a volunteer for the Obama Foundation:Does she grasp that she's calling black folks stupid, helpless and intellectually inferior?

That statement is so condescendingly racist it takes one's breath away.

Offline Kamaji

This is actually 'Racism' against Asians being struck down, with "The White Man" caught in the crossfire.

The White Man set the original HARVARD and NORTH CAROLINA admission standards...

and found themselves losing acceptance letters to more deserving Asian students.

Now, they're being blamed for the correct ruling by the SCOTUS 6-3.

Justice Clarence Thomas, usually mute, was compelled to read his 'concurring' opinion from the bench.

...and Summer just started.

Did you read Thomas' concurrence?  It's really good.  IMHO, it's worth reading even if one isn't interested in lawyerese.

Offline DCPatriot

Did you read Thomas' concurrence?  It's really good.  IMHO, it's worth reading even if one isn't interested in lawyerese.

Just heard Talk Radio raving about his intellect today.  Thanks, I'll check it out!  happy77

Offline corbe

From the usual suspects the rumble will increase to a roar about packing the court, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

The Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action in college admissions is long overdue, according to a number of conservative leaders and even self-proclaimed liberal Democrat Alan Dershowitz.
A Liberal Leads Those Hailing Supreme Court Race Ruling
By Eric Mack    |   Thursday, 29 June 2023 01:14 PM EDT

The Supreme Court ruling that race cannot be a factor in college admissions is long overdue, according to a number of conservative leaders and even a self-proclaimed liberal Democrat.

"This is a ruling that I have sought for the last 50 years," legal expert Alan Dershowitz told Newsmax's "National Report" on Thursday morning.

"I wrote my first essay against race-based affirmative action, I think in the early 1970s, calling for affirmative action to be based on economic and social and personal characteristics, rather than on race and race alone."

Dershowitz said he has been discriminated against because he is Jewish. ...
Newsmax

Article also quotes Schumer, Trump, DeSantis, Cruz and others.

Offline mountaineer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
R. F. Kennedy Jr. defends affirmative action:

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1674527565170524161
Well he is a democrat and a Kennedy so no surprise to me. Because like another candidate you know rude and rich(well pretty much all politicians) Kennedy will say exactly whatever he has hornswoggle republicans but the fact is he is a democrat thru and thru no matter how much he says his party left him.