Author Topic: DeSantis: I Want to Eliminate, Education, Commerce, Energy Departments, and IRS  (Read 670 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis: I Want to Eliminate, Education, Commerce, Energy Departments, and IRS

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1674157130029449216

Ian Hanchett2 9 Jun 2023

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “The Story,” 2024 presidential candidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said that he wants to eliminate the Departments of Education, Commerce, and Energy, along with the IRS and if Congress won’t do so, “I’m going to use those agencies to push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life.”

After DeSantis said he would “bring major accountability to the DOJ, to the FBI, IRS.” Host Martha MacCallum asked, “Are you in favor of eliminating any agencies? I know conservatives in the past have talked about closing the Department of Education. Would you do that?”

DeSantis answered, “So, we would do Education, we would do Commerce, we’d do Energy, and we would do IRS. And so, if Congress will work with me on doing that, we’ll be able to reduce the size and scope of government.”

He continued, “But what I’m also going to do, Martha, is be prepared if Congress won’t go that far, I’m going to use those agencies to push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life. So, for example, with the Department of Education, we reverse all the transgender sports stuff, women’s sports should be protected. We reverse policies trying to inject the curriculum into our schools. That will all be gone. We will make sure we have an accreditation system for higher ed., which is not trying to foment more things like DEI and CRT. So, we’ll be prepared to do both. Either way, it’ll be a win for conservatives.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/29/desantis-i-want-to-eliminate-education-commerce-energy-departments-and-irs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Finally someone who gets it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Waiting for the 'so what, nothing will change because of the people in the swamp so why even try' reasoning as to why we should all just vote for the rich, orange, rude guy that we all apparent envy and that's why we don't like him :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
ROFLMAO!

Even fools will be embarrassed to be seen with him.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Earned some MAJOR points with me but I need details.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

The fact that he remembered them all puts him ahead of Gov. Perry.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Personally, I think that the promise to eliminate all those departments is kind of silly because it isn't going to happen.  Certainly Commerce, Energy, and the IRS are not happening, though I do appreciate the sentiment.

But I do respect the follow-on comments acknowledging that if he can't do that, there are other ways to fix them.  And I definitely appreciate that DeSantis isn't just ranting against an undefined "swamp", but rather very clearly understands that it is structural/legal issues, not just "bad people" who are the real "swamp".

Trump, in contrast, always personalizes this stuff and makes it more about getting rid of certain people than about structural reform.  And I'm not trying to pick on @Right_in_Virginia here, but in one thread, she wanted DeSantis to "name names" of who he'd get rid of.  But "naming names" is precisely the wrong way to go about this.  You have to fix the legal and regulatory framework, not just shuffle in some different people for a few years.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 05:12:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And I'm not trying to pick on @Right_in_Virginia here, but ..,

Simple solution @Maj. Bill Martin :  Don't.

Offline mountaineer

Even if he couldn't completely eliminate those departments as a practical matter, a big start would be getting rid of all the DEI/civil rights/empowering LGBTQ+ etc. subdepartments. What a waste.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Even if he couldn't completely eliminate those departments as a practical matter, a big start would be getting rid of all the DEI/civil rights/empowering LGBTQ+ etc. subdepartments. What a waste.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Yeah,but politics being what they are in 2023,that just ain't going to happen. If anything,they will be the last to go because politicians buy votes with them.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@mountaineer

Yeah,but politics being what they are in 2023,that just ain't going to happen. If anything,they will be the last to go because politicians buy votes with them.

Don't know about this anymore, @sneakypete .  The Supreme Court decision on Affirmative Action is going to have some major ripple effects.  Biden will keep the stuff going for as long as he can, but DEI is in trouble.

Online roamer_1

Don't know about this anymore, @sneakypete .  The Supreme Court decision on Affirmative Action is going to have some major ripple effects.  Biden will keep the stuff going for as long as he can, but DEI is in trouble.

More than that... Start FIRST with a guy who wants to make government smaller. If he has the organizational skills to get his party aligned - which he will have an immediate coalition in the Freedom Caucus (because he is one of them)... Add to that the general tone in the country where woke crap is being wholly rejected in large crowds and venues... Butt Light, Target, Kohl's, Disney...

And the Republicans with their finger in the air (which is the most of em) may well catch a signal and re-form themselves (that hyphen was on purpose).

If they get the idea that their time at the trough is endangered, and the power play is better served in DeSantis, a winning coalition is certainly possible.

And that would overturn the moderates rather than accommodating them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't know about this anymore, @sneakypete .  The Supreme Court decision on Affirmative Action is going to have some major ripple effects. 

@Maj. Bill Martin

I gotta admit that I never thought that would happen. Not even sure I will really accept it happened until some of the laws responsible for it are torn down.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
More than that... Start FIRST with a guy who wants to make government smaller. If he has the organizational skills to get his party aligned - which he will have an immediate coalition in the Freedom Caucus (because he is one of them)... Add to that the general tone in the country where woke crap is being wholly rejected in large crowds and venues... Butt Light, Target, Kohl's, Disney...

And the Republicans with their finger in the air (which is the most of em) may well catch a signal and re-form themselves (that hyphen was on purpose).

If they get the idea that their time at the trough is endangered, and the power play is better served in DeSantis, a winning coalition is certainly possible.

@roamer_1

Never mind DeSantis,they would fall in behind Satan OR Jesus,and it wouldn't matter to them which one it was.

Online roamer_1

Never mind DeSantis,they would fall in behind Satan OR Jesus,and it wouldn't matter to them which one it was.

That's right @sneakypete ... And the power of coalition rather than pissing everybody off. If they see the writing on the wall, they'll all come to heel.