Author Topic: RFK Jr. Says He Would Sign ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban if it Reached His Desk  (Read 4093 times)

Offline ScottinVA

A dem is a dem.  There’s not a dime’s worth of difference among them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A dem is a dem.  There’s not a dime’s worth of difference among them.

@ScottinVA

Not true. Some posed as Republicans because they were running in districts where only Republicans won.

Once they get a little seniority,it seems like there just ain't no getting rid of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I didn't think anyone would think I was sherrilyn whatshername, let alone believe I agreed with a gun-grabber.  :shrug:
Yeah, I know. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Wingnut

Ahhh,you would blow a Kennedy if it would keep "Rude Orange Man" out of office,or just because he is a Kennedy?

BTW,you DO know your new lust bunny is also wealthy,right?

Or is it that inherited wealth and position doesn't bother you,it's those "Rude Orange Outsiders" that you just can't deal with?

Here is Trump talking about banning "silencers" on guns (and only 4 years ago)... after banning bump stocks. Oddly enough, in a lot of Europe you can buy silencers (suppressors) off the shelf (like Walmart)... Trump doesn't even understand that they aren't "movie silent" ... it is funny you can get in trouble for having too loud of a car, but too quiet a gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N70evAZS548

The suppressor ban is stupid and a government cash grab and means to have gun owners that want to save their hearing on a list). Few to basically none criminals would use them (having to use subsonic ammo and they still are not movie silent). Trump is just that stupid on gun rights, not once did he even think about the 2nd Amendment rights of the populace (cause he doesn't even begin to understand rights).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:52:47 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online LMAO

@Wingnut

Ahhh,you would blow a Kennedy if it would keep "Rude Orange Man" out of office,or just because he is a Kennedy?

Not a whole lot different than this fella who said he would vote for a Democrat if RDS was the nominee:

Offline sneakypete

@libertybele

“Why WOULD he run,when chances are Trump will pick him for his VP,and he ends up spending 3 terms in the WH anyhow,with two of them as President?

Or he could just wait out the end of Trump's one term as the Gov of Florida,and THEN run?

He HAS to know that he runs against Trump it is going to cost him a LOT of the votes he would have gotten if he hadn't.

Mine will be one of them. I would vote Dim before I would vote for him if he does that.”

So when this particular poster was asked by another if he would vote for a Democrat over a “true conservative,” this was his response:

“You bet your senile old ass.”

It’s all right here, in his own hypocritical words, for everyone’s reading pleasure

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,485194.0.html

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 10:56:37 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not a whole lot different than this fella who said he would vote for a Democrat if RDS was the nominee:

Offline sneakypete

@libertybele

“Why WOULD he run,when chances are Trump will pick him for his VP,and he ends up spending 3 terms in the WH anyhow,with two of them as President?

Or he could just wait out the end of Trump's one term as the Gov of Florida,and THEN run?

He HAS to know that he runs against Trump it is going to cost him a LOT of the votes he would have gotten if he hadn't.

Mine will be one of them. "I would vote Dim before I would vote for him if he does that.”

Get somebody to explain the REALLY complex concept of "options" to you. I know it will make your pointy little head hurts,but try it anyhow.

Saying "I would vote for a Dim before I would vote for him" does NOT mean I will vote for a Dim,but  it definitely means I won't be voting for DeSanctimoniousness.

I apologize if the complexity  in that simple sentence was too much for  you to deal with.

So when this particular poster was asked by another if he would vote for a Democrat over a “true conservative,” this was his response:

“You bet your senile old ass.”

It’s all right here, in his own hypocritical words, for everyone’s reading pleasure

Taken out of context,which would make me mad if it were from a poster than understands the word "context".

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,485194.0.html

Online LMAO

Taken out of context,which would make me mad if it were from a poster than understands the word "context".

Yup

Everything seems to be “out of context” when you’re trapped with your own words

These are your own words I’ve posted. Don’t argue with me. Argue with yourself
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 11:01:29 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ScottinVA

@ScottinVA

Not true. Some posed as Republicans because they were running in districts where only Republicans won.

Once they get a little seniority,it seems like there just ain't no getting rid of them.

Oh, sure… they’ll pose as “moderates” in campaigns but will inevitably return to form to placate their party masters.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 06:14:42 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Actually you are correct.  I plan to vote for RFK jr in the election if Trump is the GOP challenger.   

So now you know.  Tell Riv if you would.  Keep her in the TRB Trump Leg Humper life line.

Like you matter.  88devil

Offline Kamaji

Actually you are correct.  I plan to vote for RFK jr in the election if Trump is the GOP challenger.   

So now you know.  Tell Riv if you would.  Keep her in the TRB Trump Leg Humper life line.

:mauslaff:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
RFK JR. was an ultmate enviro-whacko even before it became fashionable.

He has no business being within a 100 miles of the WH based on those facts alone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
RFK JR. was an ultmate enviro-whacko even before it became fashionable.

He has no business being within a 100 miles of the WH based on those facts alone.

The fact that a certain faction of the GOP and of the media (looking at you Tucker Carlson...) gravitated to him at first because he said a couple of things they liked...says a lot about that faction.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 08:31:39 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The fact that a certain faction of the GOP and of the media (looking at you Tucker Carlson...) gravitated to him at first because he said a couple of things they liked...says a lot about that faction.

@Maj. Bill Martin

"Fame Groupies".

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It does. It says they wanted to see what he had to say. Some of the things he was saying were things I still think need to be looked into, especially in the wake of COVID, But there is far too much else he says that would never get my vote. His response to the whole "assault weapons" issue is one of those topics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It does. It says they wanted to see what he had to say. Some of the things he was saying were things I still think need to be looked into, especially in the wake of COVID, But there is far too much else he says that would never get my vote. His response to the whole "assault weapons" issue is one of those topics.

There are a lot of Republicans already who were opposed to the COVID lockdowns, so there was nothing unique about RFK Jr. In that regard.

Where he is unique is in some of the statements he has made about vaccines - and not just COVID - over the years.  So were those statements the attraction?

If not...what else was there?  Because to me, the guy has been a flake right from the start, And yet, there was a not insignificant group of people, including the media guy (Tucker) who is seemingly the most MAGA-admired media figure out there, slobbering all over this guy.

It truly makes me believe there is a whacko undercurrent to the whole MAGA movement that makes me nervous as hell about it, and not wanting any of those people anywhere near power.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 02:53:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Anyone still think he's a viable alternative?

Despite what all the Biden simps say....RFK Jr is to the left of AOC and Bernie the Red.  The only reason he's even mildly appealed to anyone on the right is because of his stance on vaccines.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

Despite what all the Biden simps say....RFK Jr is to the left of AOC and Bernie the Red.  The only reason he's even mildly appealed to anyone on the right is because of his stance on vaccines.

RFK Jr. has pointed out the over zealous spending in Ukraine and some other Brandon blunders.  Here's his stance on some other issues:

https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/robert-kennedy-jr-2/policies/social

I do see him as a good alternative to Brandon but no, I wouldn't vote for him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
RFK Jr. has pointed out the over zealous spending in Ukraine and some other Brandon blunders.  Here's his stance on some other issues:

https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/robert-kennedy-jr-2/policies/social

I do see him as a good alternative to Brandon but no, I wouldn't vote for him.

The ONLY alternative to either Biden or RFJ Jr is a rock-ribbed Conservative Republican.

Nothing less will correct the current course we're on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online libertybele

The ONLY alternative to either Biden or RFJ Jr is a rock-ribbed Conservative Republican.

Nothing less will correct the current course we're on.

I agree.  Either we find a way to seat a true conservative or this Republic will no longer stand; at least not as we know her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

RFK Jr. has pointed out the over zealous spending in Ukraine...

I guess that's kind of my point.  The anti-Ukraine stance is one that makes me really nervous as well.  I'm not sure how we went from being the party of Ronald Reagan to the party that opposes aid to a former Soviet Republic resisting a Russian invasion, but it is clear that a significant number of Republicans now feel that way.   I see it as a form of neo isolationism, or maybe in more severe cases an unhealthy paranoia about globalists where every single issue becomes a battle against that goober Klaus Schwab, who I think hides under some folks' beds.

In any event, I don't really want anything to do with what I think of as the GOP conspiracist faction, and the whole RFK Jr. fascination kind of validates that for me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 04:24:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess that's kind of my point.  The anti-Ukraine stance is one that makes me really nervous as well.  I'm not sure how we went from being the party of Ronald Reagan to the party that opposes aid to a former Soviet Republic resisting a Russian invasion, but it is clear that a significant number of Republicans now feel that way.   I see it as a form of neo isolationism, or maybe in more severe cases an unhealthy paranoia about globalists where every single issue becomes a battle against that goober Klaus Schwab, who I think hides under some folks' beds.

In any event, I don't really want anything to do with that faction, and the whole RFK Jr. fascination kind of validates that for me.

I am for helping any country oppose tyrannical elements wherever they appear.

I am unalterably opposed to pipelines out of our public treasury into the pockets of politicians wherever they exist.

We can do the first without doing the second. @Maj. Bill Martin
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I am for helping any country oppose tyrannical elements wherever they appear.

I am unalterably opposed to pipelines out of our public treasury into the pockets of politicians wherever they exist.

We can do the first without doing the second. @Maj. Bill Martin

I agree @Bigun  I have no problem giving them military equipment, food, etc. Handing them a billion dollars and saying go have fun doesn't work for me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I agree @Bigun  I have no problem giving them military equipment, food, etc. Handing them a billion dollars and saying go have fun doesn't work for me.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There are a lot of Republicans already who were opposed to the COVID lockdowns, so there was nothing unique about RFK Jr. In that regard.

Where he is unique is in some of the statements he has made about vaccines - and not just COVID - over the years.  So were those statements the attraction?

If not...what else was there?  Because to me, the guy has been a flake right from the start, And yet, there was a not insignificant group of people, including the media guy (Tucker) who is seemingly the most MAGA-admired media figure out there, slobbering all over this guy.

It truly makes me believe there is a whacko undercurrent to the whole MAGA movement that makes me nervous as hell about it, and not wanting any of those people anywhere near power.

Paying their country's pensions and funding the budgets for their government while we're 30 trillion in debt and our own Social Security program teeters on insolvancy isn't reflective of the Party of Reagan.

Neither is handing over equipment and munitions without a plan or the production lines in place to replenish what we're giving away...especially with China ramping up their military forces as well as their aggression towards Taiwan.

Reagan would call that suicide.