Author Topic: Prosecutor: Bus drivers in league with migrant kidnappers  (Read 144 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prosecutor: Bus drivers in league with migrant kidnappers
« on: June 29, 2023, 12:38:07 pm »
Prosecutor: Bus drivers in league with migrant kidnappers
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jun 26, 2023 / 02:20 PM CDT

Updated: Jun 27, 2023 / 12:12 AM CDT

Gang filmed beatings of African migrants, sent videos to relatives in U.S. demanding ransom, Sonora AG’s Office says

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – A victim who escaped his captors helped Mexican officials arrest two bus drivers allegedly paid to deliver African and South American migrants to an organized criminal group in Sonora.

The information provided by the escapee led to the rescue of 26 migrants from Africa and South America being held for ransom in the town of Sonoyta, the Sonora Attorney General’s Office said.

“The investigation began after we received information that migrants were being hit with wooden boards and recorded to demand a ransom from family members in the United States,” said Brando Saul Muñoz Felix, a prosecutor assisting the anti-kidnapping unit of the Sonora state police.

Investigators showed the escaped migrants photographs of suspects possibly involved in migrant trafficking activities and he was able to identify two of them, the prosecutor said.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/prosecutor-bus-drivers-in-league-with-migrant-kidnappers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson