Author Topic: Central Park 5 member Yusef Salaam wins Democratic City Council primary in Harlem  (Read 276 times)

Offline Kamaji

Central Park 5 member Yusef Salaam wins Democratic City Council primary in Harlem

By Carl Campanile and Bernadette Hogan
June 28, 2023

Yusef Salaam, a defendant exonerated in the infamous Central Park rape case, will likely be the next councilman for central Harlem.

With 98% of scanners reporting, Salaam, 49, garnered 50% or 5,403 votes to 25% or 2,706 votes for state Assemblywoman Inez Dickens, 73 and 14% or 1,564 votes for 65-year-old Assemblyman and pastor Al Taylor. 

Salaam is a board member of the Innocence Project and founding member of Justice 4 the Wrongfully Incarcerated.

“I’m here because Harlem you believed in me. Harlem has spoken,” Salaam said during his victory speech.

Salaam and four other defendants were found guilty at trial in the notorious 1989 Central Park rape jogger case — and did between six and 13 years in prison — but their convictions were tossed in 2002 after a career criminal confessed to the attack.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/28/central-park-5-member-yusef-salaam-wins-harlem-dem-council-primary/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
OK. So ... no more Pride crap in Central Park. What a shame.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have never once believed those punks were innocent.
One of the greatest travesties of justice in NYC history.