Author Topic: Lockheed Martin wins contract for Army’s long-range electronic warfare program  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed Martin wins contract for Army’s long-range electronic warfare program
Lockheed has won the Army's Phase 2 competition for the Terrestrial Layer System-Echelons Above Brigade, designed to collect and detect signals at extended ranges.
BY
MARK POMERLEAU
JUNE 27, 2023

Rendering of the Terrestrial Layer System, the Army’s next-generation tactical vehicle based system that delivers an integrated suite of signals intelligence, electronic warfare, and cyberspace operations capabilities. (Photo by John Higgins)
Lockheed Martin has won the first phase of the Army’s long-range electronic warfare program.

The contract is for Phase 2 of the Terrestrial Layer System-Echelons Above Brigade, a capability that will be designed for higher echelons — primarily division and corps — that will need to monitor and sense the battlefield across greater distances than lower, more tactically focused echelons. It will be used by the Army’s Multi-Domain Task Force.

The technology comes as advanced adversaries are forcing the Army to operate at greater distances, and therefore, the service needs to be able to sense farther and at higher echelons.

The other transaction authority agreement totals $36.7 million for a 21-month period of performance, the Army announced Tuesday.

Lockheed Martin, in a release, said that in the coming months, it will build a prototype system at its Syracuse, New York facility.

https://defensescoop.com/2023/06/27/lockheed-martin-wins-contract-for-armys-long-range-electronic-warfare-program/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson