Author Topic: IG Report: US Lost $200 Billion in COVID Fraud  (Read 542 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IG Report: US Lost $200 Billion in COVID Fraud
« on: June 28, 2023, 01:12:40 am »

By Michael Katz    |   Tuesday, 27 June 2023 08:06 PM EDT

More than $200 billion in federal COVID-19 pandemic relief funds were distributed to potentially fraudulent recipients, a report from the inspector general of the Small Business Administration showed.

The report, released Tuesday by the Office of Inspector General Hannibal "Mike" Ware, said the estimate represents 17% of the $1.2 trillion of COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds doled out by the agency.

"Since SBA did not have an established strong internal control environment for approving and disbursing program funds, there was an insufficient barrier against fraudsters accessing funds that should have been available for eligible business owners adversely affected by the pandemic," the report found.

Ware's office said its investigation, as of May, resulted in 1,011 indictments, 803 arrests and 529 convictions related to COVID-19 EIDL and PPP fraud. Its collaboration with the SBA, the Secret Service, other federal agencies, and financial institutions resulted in nearly $30 billion in COVID-19 EIDL and PPP funds being seized or returned to the SBA.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/small-business-administration-covid-19-pandemic/2023/06/27/id/1125153/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: IG Report: US Lost $200 Billion in COVID Fraud
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 03:11:13 am »
The Bidens are now comfortable financially secure, and his stooges can cry and bawl for the next decade.  The new status quo.
Fools finally satisfied.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 04:26:16 am »
I thought the number was more like $402 Billion a week or so ago--Or was the rest of that waste?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 05:08:38 am »
The way it was implemented, I thought that was the goal.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 07:14:41 am »
I know some distant kin make a blog on YouTube and managed to grab some cash... it was intended to help folks pay employees, but this mom and pop (family) blogger somehow managed to get funds (and they are just family bloggers). It is just them (mom, dad, and two kids)... there were no employees, it was a cash grab.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 09:04:38 am »
I know some distant kin make a blog on YouTube and managed to grab some cash... it was intended to help folks pay employees, but this mom and pop (family) blogger somehow managed to get funds (and they are just family bloggers). It is just them (mom, dad, and two kids)... there were no employees, it was a cash grab.

Self-employed people were also allowed to claim some of the PPP benefits as well.  Your kin most likely claimed under those provisions.