Author Topic: Donald Trump has a 2024 math problem  (Read 235 times)

Online corbe

Donald Trump has a 2024 math problem
« on: June 26, 2023, 02:46:55 pm »
Donald Trump has a 2024 math problem

BY MICK MULVANEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 06/26/23 8:00 AM ET

Donald Trump has a 2024 math problem. And since he is the leading candidate right now for the 2024 Republican nomination, that means the Republican Party has a math problem, too.

The problem is this: The former president is really good at subtraction and division — and really, really lousy at addition.

This is not to say he is bad with numbers. Having worked closely with Trump for several years on things like taxes and budgets, I can assure you he is very good with them. But I’m not talking about numbers. I’m talking about voters. Trump has a knack for subtracting those.

When I was in Trump’s White House, I remember asking him about the political advisability of continuing his long-running feud with Sen. John McCain , even after the Arizona Republican was dead and buried.

“He’s a horrible person,” Trump retorted. I told him I had no special love for McCain, and I had good reasons. He had been the only Republican to vote against me in my Senate confirmation, despite having given me his word that he would support me. Similarly, many Republicans remembered how McCain’s gratuitous thumbs-down on the Senate floor doomed forever any Republican hopes of undoing ObamaCare.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4065434-donald-trump-has-a-2024-math-problem/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Donald Trump has a 2024 math problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 04:37:32 pm »
Can't argue with a word of that. 

The comment in the article that Trump alienated too many in Georgia by twice suggesting that Stacy Abrams would make a better governor than Brian Kemp is a good reminder.  Basically, he did the same thing in Georgia that he's now doing in Florida with his attacks on a popular GOP governor.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 04:53:55 pm »
Can't argue with a word of that. 

The comment in the article that Trump alienated too many in Georgia by twice suggesting that Stacy Abrams would make a better governor than Brian Kemp is a good reminder.  Basically, he did the same thing in Georgia that he's now doing in Florida with his attacks on a popular GOP governor.

Also, I don't see him winning North Carolina in 2024.

He is going to lose PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA, and NC

He is going to win but close: FL, and TX.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 06:51:30 pm »

Also, I don't see him winning North Carolina in 2024.

He is going to lose PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA, and NC

He is going to win but close: FL, and TX.

Agree with everything but I do believe he’ll win Florida and Texas handily
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy