Author Topic: 'Preposterous': Biology professor fired for teaching basic biology!  (Read 595 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND 6/25/2023

'He received exemplary performance reviews for 20 years'

A college in San Antonio, Texas, is being warned to resolve a fight outside of court after it fired a biology professor for teaching biology.

Otherwise, according to officials with First Liberty, they have the option, should the professor desire, to be "seeking redress in federal court" against the "responsible parties."

The letter from First Liberty went to St. Philip’s College in San Antonio, Texas, on behalf of Johnson Varkey, a former adjunct professor.

It demands his reinstatement to the San Antonio public community college, which "fired him for teaching standard principles about human biology and reproduction."

"It is preposterous that, after teaching for more than 20 years, St. Philips would fire Dr. Varkey for teaching basic, widely accepted biology," explained Keisha Russell, counsel for First Liberty Institute.

"Dr. Varkey received exemplary performance reviews for twenty years, teaching fact-based, widely accepted science. But now that cultural elites are at odds with these ideas, the school no longer supports professors who teach them. The college violated Dr. Varkey’s constitutional and statutory rights when it fired him, and it must reinstate him immediately."

The legal team explained Varkey has taught Human Anatomy and Physiology to more than 1,500 students since 2003.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2023/06/preposterous-biology-professor-fired-teaching-basic-biology/

Offline Kamaji

Re: 'Preposterous': Biology professor fired for teaching basic biology!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 09:14:06 am »
The fight erupted last November when Varkey's students walked out of his class when he explained, consistent with science, that sex was determined by chromosomes X and Y.

Of course. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 10:00:44 pm »
Biology professor reportedly canned for teaching sex is determined by X, Y chromosomes, students walk out
June 27, 2023 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

A seasoned biology professor named Dr. Johnson Varkey was allegedly fired by St. Philip’s College in San Antonio, Texas for daring to teach students that sex is determined by chromosomes X and Y, resulting in four students walking out, calling for his head over “religious preaching.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/06/27/biology-professor-reportedly-canned-for-teaching-sex-is-determined-by-x-y-chromosomes-students-walk-out-1372387/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 10:02:07 pm »
Science is now religion?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 10:08:39 pm »
Science is now religion?

Their religion is their science.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 10:09:18 pm »
SUE!
Wrongful termination!
They didn't follow their own procedures for addressing grievances, for starters.

(Wanna bet Blackrock or the WEF ties into the college's donors?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 10:15:28 pm »
This is getting goofy. The prof was fired for teaching the truth. A man can put on makeup, call himself Susie. A woman can get a butch hair cut and call herself Mortimer. They can have surgeries out the wazoo.

But they can't change their chromosomes.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 10:29:57 pm »
I bet when they signed up it was for Bi-ology, and not Bi(o)ology.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline MOD3

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 10:33:25 pm »
Merged threads.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2023, 11:19:53 pm »
This is getting goofy. The prof was fired for teaching the truth. A man can put on makeup, call himself Susie. A woman can get a butch hair cut and call herself Mortimer. They can have surgeries out the wazoo.

But they can't change their chromosomes.

:bingo:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien