Author Topic: Americans become more isolationist even as they prefer strong military, global leadership: poll  (Read 256 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Americans become more isolationist even as they prefer strong military, global leadership: poll
Story by Michael Lee • 3h ago

Amajority of Americans believe the U.S. should focus more on issues at home and withdraw from foreign affairs, despite majorities also believing in an involved U.S. global leadership and the need for a strong military.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans, 65%, believe the U.S. would be "better served by withdrawing from international affairs and focusing more attention on problems here at home," according to the results of a Ronald Reagan Institute poll shared exclusively with Fox News Sunday.

While the result would seem to indicate more isolationist feelings among Americans, the same survey found that large majorities also believe in strong involvement in foreign affairs. Over three-fourths, 76%, of respondents indicated they agree that U.S. leadership and engagement in international events is "essential" for boosting the economy and securing favorable trade arrangements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/americans-become-more-isolationist-even-as-they-prefer-strong-military-global-leadership-poll/ar-AA1d0Hl3
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans are getting none of what they prefer at this point. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Americans are getting none of what they prefer at this point. **nononono*

We need strong leadership and a strong military in this country.  As far as global leadership; No. Notta. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We need strong leadership and a strong military in this country.  As far as global leadership; No. Notta.
I agree let Germany be the global leader in their young men's and women's military deaths, America has contributed more than it's share since Vietnam(thanks JFK and LBJ and I absolutely mean no disrespect to any who served). What did we accomplish in Korea - stalemate, Vietnam?, In the Middle East what was accomplished America and others accomplished essential for all the blood and treasure, the moslems that were still are and still just as dangerous an enemy, some more dangerous thanks to Biden and his team of incompetents.

Offline roamer_1

I agree let Germany be the global leader in their young men's and women's military deaths, America has contributed more than it's share since Vietnam(thanks JFK and LBJ and I absolutely mean no disrespect to any who served). What did we accomplish in Korea - stalemate, Vietnam?, In the Middle East what was accomplished America and others accomplished essential for all the blood and treasure, the moslems that were still are and still just as dangerous an enemy, some more dangerous thanks to Biden and his team of incompetents.

I dunno... It's wobbly, but South Korea and Vietnam have both become rather capitalist, and with Japan, are exposing Asians to a western style of life and trade...

There is value in it.