Author Topic: Report: US military’s latest surveillance strategy involves TRACKING and LOCATING private citizens w  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: US military’s latest surveillance strategy involves TRACKING and LOCATING private citizens who express contrary opinions
06/23/2023 // Kevin Hughes // 6.2K Views

The U.S. military's new surveillance strategy now involves secretly tracking, locating and identifying Americans who voice their dissent or dissatisfaction with military leadership or actions.
A June 17 report by the Intercept disclosed this new strategy initiated by the Army Protective Services Battalion (APSB). It defended the measures as necessary under its mission of defending top U.S. generals from "assassination, kidnapping, injury or embarrassment."

But Trending Politics pointed out that the said mission has been used against online criticism of the military in the past few years. Based on government procurement records from September 2022 reviewed by the Intercept, the strategy opens the U.S. Army's enormous resources to spying on anyone it considers having made "direct, indirect, and veiled" threats and or expressed "negative sentiment" of its leadership.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-06-23-us-military-surveillance-track-locate-private-citizens.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson