Author Topic: Pritzker urged to reverse Medicaid changes that threaten healthcare access for undocumented immigran  (Read 282 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pritzker urged to reverse Medicaid changes that threaten healthcare access for undocumented immigrants
By FOX 32 NewsPublished June 23, 2023 5:22PMIllinoisFOX 32 Chicago

Last week, the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services announced changes to Medicaid coverage that have sparked outrage and concern among many.

CHICAGO - Last week, the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services announced changes to Medicaid coverage that have sparked outrage and concern among many.

These changes, set to take effect on July 1st, include a pause in enrolling new eligible residents ages 42 to 64, a cap on the number of seniors who can sign up, and significant copays of $100 and $200 for hospital visits not eligible for matching federal reimbursement.

Activists argue that these copays effectively cut off access to healthcare for undocumented individuals in the state.

"It's cruel and inhuman to take away something that we promised in Illinois," expressed state Rep. Lilian Jimenez (D), highlighting the impact of the decision.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/pritzker-medicaid-changes-healthcare-undocumented-immigrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

"It's cruel and inhuman to take away something that we promised in Illinois,

It's more cruel, inhuman and DISHONEST to promise things that aren't approved.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ever think it was cruel and inhuman to take money from taxpayers who struggle, and sometimes fail to provide medical care for their own children, to provide Cadillac services for people who are not even legally here?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis