Author Topic: US Homeland Security Team Calls Health Care at Border Unsafe After Probe of Child Death  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Homeland Security Team Calls Health Care at Border Unsafe After Probe of Child Death

TEHRAN (FNA)- Investigators looking into the death of an 8-year-old girl in federal custody at the US-Mexico border reportedly said that border patrol facilities are unsafe and lack the resources necessary to care for migrants.

Anadith Danay Reyes Alvarez died May 17 after eight days in Border Patrol custody; she suffered from an extreme fever and had a history of heart problems.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) investigators said in a memo this month that the facility where Alvarez and her family were held “lacked sufficient medical engagement and accountability to ensure safe, effective, humane and well-documented medical care,” according to The Washington Post.

The memo, from DHS medical officer Herbert Wolfe to US Customs and Border Protection acting Commissioner Troy Miller and seen by the Post, claims that the facility’s medical systems are poorly run and lack clear guidelines on providing proper care.

https://www.farsnews.ir/en/news/14020403000439/US-Hmeland-Secriy-Team-Calls-Healh-Care-a-Brder-Unsafe-Afer-Prbe-f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet it's all Trump's fault. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson