Author Topic: Biden's climate agenda dreams collide with military realities  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden's climate agenda dreams collide with military realities
By Sarah Bedford, Investigative Reporter June 21, 2023 05:00 AM

President Joe Biden wants to overhaul the Pentagon ’s infrastructure to go green within the next few decades.

Those goals could be difficult and costly to make a reality.

The Defense Department requested more than $5 billion for climate policies in its budget for the next fiscal year, a major increase from the $3 billion it asked for the previous year.

Much of that money was slated to go toward updating military bases and facilities around the world with clean energy technology and adapting them to what the Pentagon predicts will be future damage from climate change.

At least $100 million would be set aside to “incorporate climate risks into wargames, exercises, and other planning tools” that the Pentagon would use to research how climate change might affect its operations in the future.

And billions of dollars across all the military branches are going toward controversial efforts to purchase all-electric noncombat vehicle fleets by 2030.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity/climate-agenda-dreams-collide-military-realities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson