Author Topic: Republican nominee: 'Not going to support Donald Trump' ~ Will Hurd  (Read 187 times)

Offline corbe

Republican nominee: 'Not going to support Donald Trump'

by Asher Notheis, Breaking News Reporter 
June 23, 2023 06:33 PM

Former Texas representative and 2024 presidential candidate Will Hurd revealed he will not agree to the Republican National Committee's requirement to endorse the 2024 nominee in order to debate other candidates.

The RNC has a loyalty pledge in which Republican candidates who wish to debate onstage this August must support the eventual Republican nominee. Hurd spoke out against the pledge on Thursday, saying he would not be signing any pledges and that he does not believe parties "should be trying to rig who should be on a debate stage," during a CNN interview.

“I am not in the business of lying to the American people in order to get a microphone, and I’m not going to support Donald Trump,” Hurd said. “And so I can’t honestly say I’m going to sign something even if he may or may not be the nominee.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/will-hurd-refuses-pledge-back-gop-nominee
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Republican nominee: 'Not going to support Donald Trump' ~ Will Hurd
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 02:13:47 am »
Does the RNC expect them to support a felon?  I don’t know why any of them would agree to such a pledge, especially when the felon would never support them.