Author Topic: Merrick Garland: Critics of DOJ Are Attacking ‘Democracy’  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Merrick Garland: Critics of DOJ Are Attacking ‘Democracy’

Kristina Wong 23 Jun 2023

Attorney General Merrick Garland defended the FBI during a press conference on Friday amid Republican frustration over the agency stonewalling their requests for information related to Hunter Biden.

“I certainly understand that some have chosen to attack the integrity of the Justice Department as components and its employees by claiming that we do not treat like cases alike,” he said, adding, “This constitutes an attack on an institution that is essential to American democracy and essential to the safety of the American people. Nothing could be further from the truth.”

Garland stated:

You’ve all heard me say many times that we make our cases based on the facts and the law. These are not just words. These are what we live by. They’re the foundation of the way we make these decisions. The agents of the FBI as well as the DEA, the ATF, our deputy US Marshals every day often at great personal risk, protect the American people and secure its safety. Our cases are based on their work. I could not be more proud to work with them.

Garland’s comments were in response to a reporter asking him about House Oversight Committee Republicans threatening to vote to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt for not handing over an FBI document where an informant told the agency that Joe and Hunter Biden received $5 million each in exchange for helping a Ukrainian oligarch with legal issues in 2015 and 2016.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/06/23/merrick-garland-says-claims-doj-political-bias-attacks-american-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Merrick Garland: Critics of DOJ Are Attacking ‘Democracy’
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 10:29:57 pm »
Garland, Biden, et al., are attacking the republic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 10:32:32 pm »
Garland, Biden, et al., are attacking the republic.

Without a doubt.  How many people on the left though are willing to admit that??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 10:38:26 pm »
Without a doubt.  How many people on the left though are willing to admit that??
They won't even admit the USA is a republic. Thus, all the "attacking democracy" BS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 10:39:26 pm »
The guy needs to get some new material.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023, 04:36:30 pm »
Garland needs a dictionary.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 04:38:26 pm »
They won't even admit the USA is a republic. Thus, all the "attacking democracy" BS.

The us is a democratic republic imo.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 04:40:23 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023, 04:54:53 pm »
The us is a democratic republic imo.

The word "Democracy" nor any derivative thereof, is not to be found in our constitution.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2023, 04:57:13 pm »
The word "Democracy" nor any derivative thereof, is not to be found in our constitution.

Probably true, nonetheless it has democratic characteristics.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023, 05:19:35 pm »
Anyone else remember "dissent is patriotic?"

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023, 05:31:03 pm »
Anyone else remember "dissent is patriotic?"

I remember when critical thinking was a college level course at many universities. Try finding it in a course listing anywhere these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien