Author Topic: HASC Seeks Greater Missile Warning and Defense Around the Globe  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HASC Seeks Greater Missile Warning and Defense Around the Globe
June 22, 2023 | By Greg Hadley

The House Armed Services Committee, concerned about missile warning and defense, is pressing for more information and analysis on the threats and countermeasures needed to protect the nation from long-range fires.

The HASC’s version of the 2024 National Defense Authorization bill, approved in the early morning hours of June 22, would require the Secretary of Defense to determine whether or not the Pentagon has enough resources and capabilities to defend its bases and deployed forces in the Indo-Pacific and Europe from “hypersonic-, ballistic-, cruise-missile and air attack.”

The report would be due by June 30, 2024, plans for how to defeat such attacks through 2030. The provision was introduced by Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.), a former Air Force brigadier general, and supported by the Air & Space Forces Association, which publishes Air & Space Forces Magazine. 

“AFA believes this study and plan will be a significant tool for enabling the Department of Defense and Congress to determine if our forces have sufficient counteroffensive and defensive weapons systems, and for recommending how best to increase our capabilities to meet these growing threats,” said AFA Chairman Brig. Gen. Bernie Skoch (Ret.) in a letter to Bacon. The letter, co-signed by AFA President Lt. Gen. Bruce “Orville” Wright (Ret.) continues: “Recent events in Europe and Asia only underscore the critical importance of having a robust defense against missile and air attack.”

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/lawmakers-pentagon-missile-warning-defense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: HASC Seeks Greater Missile Warning and Defense Around the Globe
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 01:36:18 pm »
What difference does it make if the military can't, or worse, won't do their jobs? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson