Author Topic: Migrant smugglers adjust to extreme heat in rural South Texas, sheriff says  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Migrant smugglers adjust to extreme heat in rural South Texas, sheriff says
Story by Sandra Sanchez • Yesterday 5:52 AM

BROOKS COUNTY, Texas (Border Report) — Prolonged extreme heat in deep South Texas this month has killed at least one migrant and is even prompting coyotes to adjust how they smuggle migrants through, Border Report has learned.

The Rio Grande Valley on Wednesday had its ninth consecutive day under an “extreme heat” warning, which has led to several record-high temperatures.

Cartel forced Mexican city councilwoman to be drug ‘mule,’ lawyer says
In rural Brooks County, temperatures hit 106 degrees with a heat index of 115, according to the National Weather Service.

“The heat wave has been extremely unbearable,” Brooks County Sheriff Urbino “Benny” Martinez told Border Report on Wednesday. “We picked up what I refer to as a full body just yesterday, which is the first one.”

That means the body was intact with all its limbs, he explained. Most times they find migrant remains they aren’t whole, he said.

2 face arraignment in alleged migrant mass kidnapping case in New Mexico border town
The body found Tuesday was the 22nd set of migrant remains found in this rural ranching county about 70 miles north of the Mexican border.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrant-smugglers-adjust-to-extreme-heat-in-rural-south-texas-sheriff-says/ar-AA1cSCWb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=22c5a97e7eb548d3a782634acc9120e8&ei=153
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson