Author Topic: The military has much bigger problems than 'social justice'  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The military has much bigger problems than 'social justice'
Story by Mike Gonzalez • Yesterday 6:00 AM

The U.S. military is facing a world that turns more dangerous every day, along with the worst recruiting stretch in its history. So, what is the top brass doing? Doubling down on woke by focusing on race, sex, and climate, of course.

Here are just a few examples.

THE PENTAGON NEEDS TO STAY OUT OF POLITICS

Just this month, a high-ranking officer in the U.S. Space Force used her speech at a “pride” event at the Pentagon to rail against legislation being passed in different states that ban teaching sexualized materials to young children and the mutilation or castration of minors. Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt referred to these laws as “anti-LGBTQ+” and criticized them as the denial of “critical healthcare” to families. These commonsense laws worry Burt so much that she said she bases personnel decisions partly on them. She suffered no adverse impact for this clear foray into the nation’s political debate.

In May, President Joe Biden replaced one of the most woke heads of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ever, Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, with an Air Force general, Charles Q. Brown, that makes Milley look sedate. Milley is still famous for claiming at a 2021 hearing that he wanted to understand “white rage,” as he defended assigning readings from Ibram X. Kendi to Navy cadets. (The Navy later quietly dropped the readings.) When he was chief of staff of the Air Force, Brown signed a document calling for “aspirational” racial quotas that would cap the number of white officers at 67%. In the middle of 2020, Brown released a video about the racial violence then shaking the country that made clear he had taken the Marxist-inspired uprising as proof of racial despair in America.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-military-has-much-bigger-problems-than-social-justice/ar-AA1cSy0Q?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c67bae9172554974a8a6ea07760d4109&ei=14
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson