Author Topic: What Is the DeSantis Strategy? Kurt Schlichter  (Read 1484 times)

Offline corbe

Re: What Is the DeSantis Strategy? Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2023, 01:31:46 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2023, 01:53:47 am »
Honestly, do you think this country can withstand another 4+ years of wokeness, liberalism, marxism and globalism??

@Kamaji

@libertybele

I am not Kamaji,but it is my OPINION that if we don't get a "political bomb thrower" in the WH come the next election,it is  OVER for America as a nation of free people.

If we get another "professional go along to  get along usual suspect politician",the BEST we can hope for is a revolution,and you have to be out of your freaking mind to want THAT to happen.

We,as a nation,are just out of time if the left is allowed to steal the next election like they did the last one.

Our ONLY choices if that happens is armed revolution or submission to the "International One-World Borg."

I would be thrilled to be  wrong about  this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2023, 01:56:29 am »
Honestly, do you think this country can withstand another 4+ years of wokeness, liberalism, marxism and globalism??

@libertybele

Not to mention hordes of illegal alien invaders who are instantly put in the gravy train with "free everything" and allowed to vote. They are,naturally,going to vote for what is in THEIR best interests,not what is good for America.

The truth is I am not so sure it isn't already too late to take America back.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2023, 02:03:42 am »

Truth.  Now is the time when it is imperative that we stand together!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2023, 05:42:59 am »
Ron DeSantis: He is obviously a conservative, is  anti-wokeness, pro patriotism, and pro Constitution.

What's his agenda for the US and what policies is he proposing to implement it?   Start with:  the economy/trade and immigration.

Offline MajorClay

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2023, 07:31:08 pm »

No, which is why it is so important to get and maintain control of Congress.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2023, 07:37:22 pm »
When Tumpy loses so badly in '24, and where it isn't even close enough claim electo-theft, at least we will finally shut his ass up.

If the GOP had a lick of wisdom, as Maj. just opined, focus any and all resouces on capture of both the senate and house.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 07:39:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2023, 07:39:18 pm »
No, which is why it is so important to get and maintain control of Congress.

Forty percent of voters are on the dole in some shape or form.

Reelecting Congressmen every two years with an adversarial media will be impossible.

Nothing is going to get 'Cut' if you expect to maintain leadership and chairmanships.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2023, 09:00:37 pm »
When Tumpy loses so badly in '24, and where it isn't even close enough claim electo-theft, at least we will finally shut his ass up.

If the GOP had a lick of wisdom, as Maj. just opined, focus any and all resouces on capture of both the senate and house.

@catfish1957

Which clown do you support,DeSanctimonious?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2023, 09:02:34 pm »

Reelecting Congressmen every two years with an adversarial media will be impossible.

Nothing is going to get 'Cut' if you expect to maintain leadership and chairmanships.

@DCPatriot

The irony here is that IF we could make even small cuts in entitlement programs,in a few years you could buy more with less money and not NEED as much.

Yeah,it might be a little tight for a couple of years,but nobody is going to starve to death or become homeless unless they are fools.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2023, 09:39:34 pm »
@catfish1957

Which clown do you support,DeSanctimonious?

I thought the only thing you had against him is that he's running against Trump?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2023, 09:42:06 pm »

Eh, it's not really that hard.  If we can hold on to even one House in 2024, we'd have an excellent chance of gaining ground in an off-year election in 2026, then capitalizing on a country sick of Democrats by running some good conservatives in 2028.

But I personally think that if Trump somehow managed to get re-elected, it would be an absolute bloodbath in both 2026 and 2028.  We'd have a Dem President and massive Dem majorities in Congress, and that would pretty much be all she wrote.

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2023, 09:53:11 pm »
“I remember these rallies in 2016. It was exciting. ‘Drain the Swamp!’. I also remember ‘Lock her up! Lock her up!’ right? And then two weeks after the election, ‘ah oh forget about it, forget I ever said that’.

“NO NO NO. One thing you’ll get from me – if I tell you I’m going to do something, I’m not just saying that for an election. And there are promises I could make that may help me marginally politically that I don’t know that I could necessarily follow through on. So I will not make that.

“And I think the idea of draining the swamp, in some respects, I think it misses it a little bit. Because we didn’t drain it. It’s worse today than it’s ever been, by far. And that’s a sad testament to the state affairs of our country. But even if you’re successful at draining it, the next guy can just refill it. So I want to ‘break the swamp’. That’s really what we need to do.”  ~ Ron DeSantis

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2023, 10:14:19 pm »
But even if you’re successful at draining it, the next guy can just refill it. So I want to ‘break the swamp’. That’s really what we need to do.”  ~ Ron DeSantis

This is one reason why I like DeSantis over Trump.  Trump personalizes everything, so to him it is all about the people.  Get rid of the wrong people, and you've solved the problem.  But that's not solving the underlying problem, which is the legal/regulatory structure itself that enables swamp-dwellers to steer it without accountability.  I think DeSantis has a much better grasp on that than does Trump, and will at least attempt to solve the problem structurally in a way that doesn't personalize it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2023, 10:16:56 pm »
This is one reason why I like DeSantis over Trump.  Trump personalizes everything, so to him it is all about the people.  Get rid of the wrong people, and you've solved the problem.  But that's not solving the underlying problem, which is the legal/regulatory structure itself that enables swamp-dwellers to steer it without accountability.  I think DeSantis has a much better grasp on that than does Trump, and will at least attempt to solve the problem structurally in a way that doesn't personalize it.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2023, 10:23:43 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Group Hug! Group Hug!

Offline corbe

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2023, 10:29:25 pm »
   Your reinforcements are formulating a battle plan as we speak @sneakypete and will arrive shortly.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2023, 12:13:09 am »

That's exactly right - And the difference between a big government and a small government approach.

Anyone who goes in without the idea of making the government smaller before leaving is not worth electing - Because they will inevitably become part of the problem. That is not to say that small government candidates will always do the right thing - But the chances are far greater.