Author Topic: Equality is a Poltically Correct euphemism for Preferential Treatment  (Read 157 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My wife is a paraplegic that requires use of an aisle chair when boarding and disembarking an airliner.

Before Covid, she was used to the airlines boarding her first and seating her in the first row of coach.

Recently, an airline has not boarded her first, nor seated her in the front of coach.  They'd seat her in the middle of coach or towards the back of coach, and wouldn't have her board first.  This was absolutely stupid on the airline's part.  She was disappointed and upset with this new level of treatment.

I pointed out that she is now experiencing the equally crappy level of airline service that everyone else experiences.  Without realizing it, she had achieved equality - getting the same $h!t treatment as everyone else.

Many progressive social justice warriors are under the false impression that being born white, Christian, heterosexual automagically comes with special rights and privileges.  Granted, I am not subjected to racist treatment that others have to endure.  But, I was not born into wealth and privilege.  I didn't have a trust fund nor a Ivy League college legacy admission to sponge off.  I am nothing special.  No one pays me any attention, nor do they care to listen.  I am just an insignificant background extra in the movie cast of middle class society.

There is no Pride Month for shanty Irish Catholic white trash.  There is no Irish History month.  There are no set-asides for lower middle class heterosexual white male trash in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion initiatives.

So, to truly be equal with me, all of the identity politic snowflakes would have to get used to being ignored, left out, and not being special to anyone for anything.  Insignificance - now, that's equality.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 04:31:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright