Author Topic: Police: DEA Agent Was Stalked For 10 Years  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Police: DEA Agent Was Stalked For 10 Years
« on: June 22, 2023, 03:55:04 pm »
Police: DEA Agent Was Stalked For 10 Years
"Paranoid" man nabbed near home of fed's mother

JUNE 16--A “paranoid” Florida Man stalked a Drug Enforcement Administration agent for 10 years, according to police who arrested the suspect after he was observed driving in “very close proximity” to the residence of the victim’s 71-year-old mother, according to court records.

Investigators charge that Bradley Smith, 41, began stalking Evan Miyamoto after meeting the federal agent when he went to the DEA office in Tampa to “report suspicious drug activity.”

Since that encounter a decade ago, Smith “became paranoid that the victim was investigating him,” according to a criminal complaint.

Despite Miyamoto’s assurance that he was not being investigated, Smith allegedly pursued a years-long stalking campaign that included him showing up at the Tampa DEA office “and other parts of the country” in search of the 38-year-old Miyamoto.

Due to Smith “contacting multiple government agencies inquiring on the victim’s residence and coming into government offices,” he was trespassed from the DEA’s Tampa office. “Agents have spoken with the defendant multiple times and asked him to stop calling their offices and attempting to locate the victim,” a sheriff’s deputy reported.

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/bradley-smith-dea-236198
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson