Author Topic: Where are the generals and admirals willing to defend the military from wokeness?  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Where are the generals and admirals willing to defend the military from wokeness?
Story by Scott Sturman • 5h ago

If the United States military had to undergo a comprehensive, annual medical examination, a vigorous diagnosis would take into consideration robust recruitment of superior quality applicants, excellent intra-service morale, overwhelming public trust and confidence in the institution and its leaders, and objective evidence that all the branches fulfilled their missions at an exemplary level. Unfortunately, our military’s current prognosis suffers from a politically induced chronic infection that has sapped its strength and vitality. For over a decade, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) ideology has infested the armed forces with a disease that disseminates racism, division, and victimization.

Those at the very top of the military — the generals and admirals who represent an influential, elite group of individuals and have risen to the top of the military profession — are in part responsible for this infection. Exceptionally well-educated and endowed with leadership skills, they have dedicated their lives to the service of their country. However, for the most part, active duty and retired flag officers have either publicly joined in the DEI chorus or remained silent. Since their opinions are respected and held in considerable esteem, it has been a disappointment that those who are willing to risk their lives in combat are inclined to concede the ideological battlefield to Marxist principles and political and corporate bullies.

The tenets and presumed benefits of DEI have been conferred a priori status within the military establishment. Its promulgation has advanced with a non-questioning, sectarian fervor. Centuries of military science that embrace the preeminence of merit, unit cohesion, and esprit de corps have been usurped by an unproven pretender whose roots are deeply embedded in critical theory.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/where-are-the-generals-and-admirals-willing-to-defend-the-military-from-wokeness/ar-AA1cSVMy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4becdefa6c794e04a699b0a033421f5a&ei=9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
RETIRED!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The smart, competent ones are retired and making more money in the dreaded private sector.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright