Author Topic: The Constant Fight: Intelligence Activities, Irregular Warfare, and Political Warfare  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Constant Fight: Intelligence Activities, Irregular Warfare, and Political Warfare
.By Philip Wasielewski

Bottom Line
The study of intelligence and nontraditional warfare is essential to fully understand the various, and sometimes indirect, means by which the United States can solve or manage national security threats beyond the traditional tools of diplomacy and military power.

Intelligence and nontraditional warfare activities are conducted daily to bring policymakers information necessary for decision-making, protect secrets, and implement policy decisions below the threshold of significant military action

Unfortunately, the constant fight of intelligence and nontraditional warfare are often not as well studied or understood as other traditional statecraft tools. Therefore, this new center at the Foreign Policy Research Institute will conduct scholarly research on intelligence and nontraditional warfare to facilitate understanding by the general public, as well as government and academic experts, on how these specialties provide for the nation’s security, caveats in their application, and lessons learned from past actions to inform future policy decisions.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/06/22/the_constant_fight_intelligence_activities_irregular_warfare_and_political_warfare_942309.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson