Author Topic: DeSantis announces nationwide coalition of 80 sheriffs to push back against border crisis  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

DeSantis announces nationwide coalition of 80 sheriffs to push back against border crisis
Story by Adam Shaw, Bill Melugin • 1h ago

FIRST ON FOX: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday is announcing a national coalition of dozens of sheriffs to join forces to protect American communities against the consequences of the ongoing crisis at the southern border.

The 80-sheriff coalition includes sheriffs from Florida, California, Colorado, South Dakota, Maryland, Illinois, New York, Arizona, and Oregon.

In a statement of support the law enforcement officers say that the federal government has "failed in its responsibilities to secure our nation's borders" and cite the record 2.4 million migrant encounters in FY 2022, as well as the more than 1.6 million encountered so far in FY 23.

"The consequences of the federal government’s abdication are being felt across the nation. Cartels and gang members are bringing record levels of fentanyl and other drugs into our communities as our officers work around the clock to battle these criminal institutions," they say.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/desantis-announces-nationwide-coalition-of-80-sheriffs-to-push-back-against-border-crisis/ar-AA1cSNmS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3d059506931845a389b480fb4db0a381&ei=165
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

A potential good beginning, but it will have to include a lot more sheriffs before it can begin to stem the tide.