Author Topic: Plus-size influencer Jae-lynn Chaney rips plane seat policies after demanding other flyers pay for e  (Read 1015 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Plus-size influencer Jae-lynn Chaney rips plane seat policies after demanding other flyers pay for extra seat
By Isabel Keane   
June 13, 2023 12:14pm

A plus-size travel influencer is demanding that airlines change their “discriminatory” policies that make larger flyers pay “twice for the same experience” — admitting that making such a change may make fares for everyone more expensive.

Jae-lynn Chaney, who made headlines in April after starting the Change.org petition “Demand for the FAA to Protect Plus-Sized Customers,” doubled down on being discriminated against while flying due to her size.

“People with smaller bodies get to pay one fare to get to their destination,” Chaney, who has to buy an extra seat while flying, told CNN Travel.

“We have to pay two fares, even though we’re getting the same experience. If anything, our experiences are a little bit more challenging.”

While Chaney has held firm in her demands, in April she admitted that if her petition’s demands were met, ticket prices for all customers would likely increase due to demand.

“It is difficult to provide a one-size-fits-all answer to the question of who will pay for the policies mentioned in the petition,” she told Fox News after her petition gained traction.

“However, what is clear is that the mistreatment and discrimination of plus-size travelers is unacceptable and must be addressed.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/plus-size-influencer-jae-lynn-chaney-slams-airline-seat-policies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fly in the cargo hold with the rest of the cattle.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"plus sized" my a$$...that woman is morbidly obese.

Weight is a primary consideration for aircraft, that's why you get dinged for luggage over 50 lbs.

Then there's the fact she weighs at least as much as 2 people and takes up a seat that another paying passenger could use does not entitle her to a "free" ride.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Fly in the cargo hold with the rest of the cattle.
:silly:

The only thing she's going to "influence" is that plane's fuel consumption.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 11:48:33 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

She just "influenced" me to take a few laps around the block.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Her fork-spoon-and-knife control choices are not airlines' problem.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

“We have to pay two fares, even though we’re getting the same experience. If anything, our experiences are a little bit more challenging.”

Uhh, dear Ms. Chaney, neither you nor anyone else is paying for an "experience" - you're paying for a transportation service where the costs of providing that service are based, in part, on both volume and weight of the person (or object) being transported.

As such, the demand you place on the transportation service - the aircraft - is most certainly not like that placed on the aircraft by any normal-sized person.  You weigh at least twice as much, and you occupy at least twice the volume; therefore, the costs of transporting you are going to be twice the costs of transporting a normal person.  You should be paying accordingly.

If you don't like it, either (a) get your own damned aircraft, or (b) lose the extra person's worth of weight.  Personally, I'd recommend option (b), 'cause you'd get a lot of other health-related benefits as well.

Offline goatprairie

She gives new meaning to the phrase "when pigs fly."

Offline PeteS in CA

Jabba The Hutt Complains Of Discrimination After Airline Charges Him For Multiple Seats

https://babylonbee.com/news/jabba-the-hutt-complains-of-discrimination-after-airline-charges-him-for-multiple-seats

U.S. — Local gangster Jabba the Hutt has threatened legal action against United Airlines, accusing the company of discrimination after he was charged for multiple seats on a flight. Hutt alleges he is being treated differently because of his weight.

"NEESA CHANGA WAMPA," thundered the massive crime lord, which was subsequently translated by his Chief of Staff, Bib Fortuna, as "This is unfair treatment!" Fortuna continued to translate as Jabba explained his complaint. "I should not face additional charges simply because I am a giant space slug. The Hutts are a proud race and we will not be discriminated against!"

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online LMAO

What is a “Plus size influencer?”

What value does she contribute to society that compels airlines to accommodate her life choices?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She just "influenced" me to take a few laps around the block.

Just skipped that extra slice of cheesecake.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Someone trying to persuade people that weighing 400+ pounds, being ovoid in shape, and being barely able to walk 10 or 20 yards is perfectly normal and healthy and not a problem caused by lack of knife, fork, and spoon control. And trying to persuade government to compel businesses to accommodate their size, shape, and mobility problems.

Offline Kamaji

Someone trying to persuade people that weighing 400+ pounds, being ovoid in shape, and being barely able to walk 10 or 20 yards is perfectly normal and healthy and not a problem caused by lack of knife, fork, and spoon control. And trying to persuade government to compel businesses to accommodate their size, shape, and mobility problems.

Yup.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

What value does she contribute to society that compels airlines to accommodate her life choices?
Just someone throwing their weight around...? :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Google Tess Holiday
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️