Author Topic: Military families battle mold, rodents and more at Washington base  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military families battle mold, rodents and more at Washington base
By Kaylee Tornay, InvestigateWest
 Jun 20, 03:17 PM

Editor’s note: This story was first published in InvestigateWest, an independent news nonprofit dedicated to investigative journalism in the Pacific Northwest. Subscribe to their newsletter.

Amanda Klinksiek knows that when she breaks out in hives, she likely has another problem: mold.

Hives tipped Klinksiek off to mold in a previous home. And in September, when she moved into a two-bedroom townhouse at Joint Base Lewis-McChord with her husband and two kids, the itchy red bumps appeared again.

Klinksiek, 30, tried to get the company that manages on-base housing — Liberty Military Housing — to do a comprehensive inspection for mold. She had reported mold in the toilets the day they moved in and later found mold growing under the kitchen sink. But Liberty did not respond to her repeated requests for an inspection, she said. Finally, in January, after Klinksiek paid for her own mold inspection, maintenance staff pried open a locked closet and found patches of dark mold coating the ceiling.

“I was livid,” Klinksiek said. “It was also devastating to know that I had been gaslit and misled for so long and it could have been prevented by them opening the closet to start with.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/06/20/military-families-battle-mold-rodents-and-more-at-washington-base/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military families battle mold, rodents and more at Washington base
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 04:35:10 pm »
If they claimed to be illegal aliens, the government would put them in five-star hotels. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 05:04:39 pm »
America needs to take care of its own before it goes about saving the world.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 02:18:47 pm »
America needs to take care of its own before it goes about saving the world.

Not if you're trying to destroy America. 9999hair out0000
Thomas Jefferson