Author Topic: Rand Paul: Trump Didn’t Have to Let ‘Menace to the Truth’ Fauci Run COVID Committee  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
By the time Trump could see signs that Fauci was plating a double-game, canning Fauci would have caused a huge scandal. Trump instead decided to try to harness and mitigate Fauci's damage.

So Trump valued his own political fortunes in an election year over what was good for the citizens of the country.  That's a completely fair conclusion, and utterly disgraceful.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Agree.

I like Paul, a lot.  I wish he'd tell us how many times he met with Trump, laying out his concerns, advising the president to fire Fauci and pledging his support for it in the Senate. 

You have got to be kidding.  Paul didn't need to meet with Trump - though he may well have done so for all I know - because he was very loudly and publicly voicing his objections right from the start.  It's impossible for Trump not to have been aware of that.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Does Rand Paul have a boner for Fauci?  Otherwise, he'd should be railing against the Federal Reserve.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline DB

////00000////

Does Rand Paul have a boner for Fauci?  Otherwise, he'd should be railing against the Federal Reserve.

Well, Fauci is the guy that authorized the research that created the COVID virus in the first place that killed millions and lied about it all non-stop. Fauci should be in prison or worse.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 09:25:37 pm by DB »

Online roamer_1

Outlawing the use of antivirals cost millions of lives that otherwise would not have died.

Who did that? And who failed to stop it?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Chi-coms need to be held to account to.

Any scientific research that is illegal in the United States will be contracted out to other nations without such restrictions.  Any US taxpayer supported foreign medical research programs need to be audited, and terminated where warranted.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
No.  It is not.  Having an expert on infectious disease be essentially the sole input into public health policy in dealing with the pandemic was a mistake which should not have been made, and for reasons that any sober observer of public policy and/or the behavior of scientists and bureaucrats would have known in advance:  an infectious disease expert will set policy as if the sole good is the prevention of infection and/or death from the given disease, and will thus give advice without regard to cost-benefit analyses, in particular other harms likely to result from the most effective means of preventing the spread of the disease.  Sweden got it right.  The Great Barrington Declaration signers got it right.  A committee including Fauci and experts on cost-benefit analyses in public health might have managed to get it right.  Fauci given carte blanche to set policy got it wrong.

I made these critiques in real time throughout the pandemic:  that setting public policy as if the sole human good was the prevention of infection by and death from the Sars-Cov2 virus was simply wrong.  The destruction of a generation's education, the disruption of the economy, the excess deaths of despair from lockdown and job loss, none of it needed to have happened.  Sweden had a lower per capita death rate than the US or UK. But the question was not debatable:  Fauci got social media companies to censor posts referencing the Great Barrington Declaration.  That there was not robust debate on policy, either within the Trump administration or in American society at large was Trump's fault.

Great posting.  I said the same thing at the time:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/covid19_the_security_implications.html

From April 2020:

"The biggest mistake has been that critical decisions have been based on the assessments of health care professionals only, and have not properly evaluated the benefit of being able to adequately care for all of those who need care against the cost of ruining our economy and compromising constitutional freedoms.  Ruining the economy is going to have disastrous effects on the health care system and all other systems.  These costs may well pale in comparison to the short-term benefit of having enough ventilators.

As Trump pointed out early in the crisis, government makes these trade-offs all the time. The interstate highway system is open despite the fact that there are 38K deaths from auto accidents every year.  The calculation has been made that having an interstate highway system is worth the cost of 38K lives per year.  The same has been true of the flu.  The economy is not shut down in flu season despite the fact that tens of thousands die each year from the flu.

If the number of dead Americans from coronavirus turns out to be 200K, a number that many are skeptical of, then the percentage of Americans dead from the pandemic will be .057 percent of the total population.  Will someone in the mainstream media at least consider whether closing the economy down and compromising our way of life is worth the price of .057 percent of the population?

If someone says, "if it saves one life to lose the economy, it's worth it," that person needs to be flogged.  As callous as it sounds, the calculation needs to be made, not in terms of dollars, but in terms of lives.  How many lives is the government willing to trade for having a professional sports industry, a restaurant industry, an airline industry, or a manufacturer of air defense weapons?  The answer to that question is not zero.  It never has been."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The argument that Fauci wasn't the "head" of the Coronavirus Task Force is immaterial.  He was the guy selected to be the public spokesman, and whose announcements and answers to questions posed established national guidance.

Trump himself created that committee and had the authority to replace any of its members at any time, which he did when he replaced Azar with VP Pence in February.  Had he wanted to, he could have put CDC head Redmond in charge of that Task Force, who had views much more aligned with Rand Paul and others than with Fauci and Birx.  But he chose not to, and that's solely on Trump himself.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The argument that Fauci wasn't the "head" of the Coronavirus Task Force is immaterial.  He was the guy selected to be the public spokesman, and whose announcements and answers to questions posed established national guidance.

Trump himself created that committee and had the authority to replace any of its members at any time, which he did when he replaced Azar with VP Pence in February.  Had he wanted to, he could have put CDC head Redmond in charge of that Task Force, who had views much more aligned with Rand Paul and others than with Fauci and Birx.  But he chose not to, and that's solely on Trump himself.

ROFL!

And you don't 'see' you're use of "20/20 hindsight" here?

GEEZ...any POTUS starts with the premise that the current people in charge know WTF they're talking about.

The last thing he would think at the time would be that it was a CCCP/Obama coup to guarantee mail-in 'ballots'

He DID get as far as saying publicly that it came from Wuhan, China however...and was mocked for it.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

All of this is bullshit.

The overweening question is foremost: The outlawing of antivirals killed millions that could be living right now.

Who outlawed those drugs, and who could have stopped it?

This is death at major war levels and may well be the greatest preventable mass death of all time - with cheap, available, and proven medicine withheld for no reason at all.

The loss of liberty is unconscionable.
The theft of treasure too.
The insane incarceration of citizens in their own homes and the destruction of livelihoods is unparalleled.

But the above question outweighs it all.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 06:20:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Co-vid effectively advanced the WOKE agendas in many areas, including losses of personal freedoms and damaging the economy, much like Surrendering Afghanistan and stopping the pipeline like an extremely desperate action.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
hell reigns with enough confusion and desolation invoked.  The partakers of it think they are taking part like gods with no conscience.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump's undying loyalty to our nation's biggest mass murder Fauxci in '20 should be grounds enough to disqualify him from being granted another  nomination.  Much less being the most wreckless spender as POTUS in our history to that point. (sans...  deficit record)

The man has the decison making skills of a child. Rand Paul is spot on with these comments.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
ROFL!

And you don't 'see' you're use of "20/20 hindsight" here?

GEEZ...any POTUS starts with the premise that the current people in charge know WTF they're talking about.

The last thing he would think at the time would be that it was a CCCP/Obama coup to guarantee mail-in 'ballots'

He DID get as far as saying publicly that it came from Wuhan, China however...and was mocked for it.

Nice job of deflecting the issue away from Tumpy's choice of Fauxci to the end.  Tough staying on topic huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
////00000////

Boner?  Fauxci, IMO is indirectly the biggest mass murderer in U.S. History, and had direct knowledge and involvement with Gain of Function of researach of cornonviruses that helped worsen the pandemic .

The Fed?  They are criminal laden too, but let Grassley work those from his angle.