Author Topic: Suspect in hit-and-run crash that killed five young women is son of disgraced ex-Dem lawmaker  (Read 309 times)

Offline Kamaji

Suspect in hit-and-run crash that killed five young women is son of disgraced ex-Dem lawmaker

By Lee Brown
June 20, 2023

The man busted for the hit-and-run crash that killed five young women getting ready for a wedding in Minnesota is the son of a fiery Black Lives Matter protest leader-turned-politician — who was ultimately booted by the Democrats over his shocking history of domestic violence arrests.

Derrick Thompson, 27 — the son of ex-state rep. John Thompson — was busted on suspicion of murder Monday over the horrifying caught-on-camera crash that killed Sabiriin Ali, 17, Sahra Gesaade, 20, Salma Abdikadir, 20, Sagal Hersi, 19, and Siham Adam, 19.

He already has a long history of convictions — including a felony from an earlier hit-and-run crash in California in 2018 that left a woman in a coma for several weeks, according to reports from the time.

Cops found more than 17 pounds of marijuana and over $20,000 in cash in his car at the time, KEYT News had noted.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/hit-and-run-crash-suspect-is-son-of-disgraced-ex-lawmaker/

Offline Kamaji

Black Privilege strikes again.

No doubt he'll get a sweetheart deal; maybe he'll even get no jail time, just like Hunter just got.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Derrick Thompson is awaiting charges that could be filed as soon as Tuesday, the Star Tribune reported.

Derrick has a long history of driving and drug-related offenses. In 2020, he was sentenced to eight years for a 2018 hit-and-run while fleeing police in Montecito, California. Officers found 17.6 pounds of marijuana and more than $20,000 in cash in the vehicle Derrick was driving, the Santa Barbara District Attorney’s Office said.

Anyone else see a problem here?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Ummm. YEAH! Sentenced to eight years in 2020 but on the street again in 2023 MIGHT be a problem!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Math is not the justice system's strong point?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Math is not the justice system's strong point?

Math is racist.  A form of white supremacy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Math is racist.  A form of white supremacy.

Ahh.  That must be it!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looking at the names of those poor young women and the fact that this happened in Minnesota :pondering: This POS may actually receive justice of the moslem family kind.....or one could hope.