Author Topic: B1-B Bomber Lives On: Upgraded With Bomb Rack Unit & Targeting Pod  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B1-B Bomber Lives On: Upgraded With Bomb Rack Unit & Targeting Pod
During Operation Enduring Freedom, the B1-B dropped precision weapons, air-glide bombs, and also carpet bombed areas
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION17 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn,   

(Washington DC) B1-B Lancer pilots often say few people fully understand the scope and importance of the bombing missions the aircraft has performed. The bomber’s success against the Taliban in Afghanistan seems much lesser known than its 1998 combat debut over Iraq in Operation Desert Fox.

During Operation Enduring Freedom, the B1-B dropped precision weapons, air-glide bombs, and also carpet bombed areas confirmed to be only concentrations of Taliban forces and not civilians.

While not a large fleet, the B1-B performed a very large percentage of the missions in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom, as described in an interesting essay appearing in Globalsecurity.org.

B1-B: Aging Bomber at Full Steam

https://warriormaven.com/air/b1-b-bomber-lives-on-upgraded-with-bomb-rack-unit-targeting-pod
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: B1-B Bomber Lives On: Upgraded With Bomb Rack Unit & Targeting Pod
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 12:44:11 pm »
The US certainly has a wide variety of bombers now!  The B-52, B-1, B-2, and B-21 while cutting fighters. What's up with this strategy? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson