Author Topic: California continues U-turn on sanctuary state promise  (Read 215 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California continues U-turn on sanctuary state promise
« on: June 20, 2023, 12:37:50 pm »
California continues U-turn on sanctuary state promise
by Max Mallhi
 June 19, 2023 04:39 PM

Joining Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA) and Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg with their earlier criticism of Florida sending illegal immigrants to the sanctuary state, Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass has now criticized Texas for similar efforts by terming the move “abhorrent.”

This comes at a time when Newsom is being grilled in interviews about his state's failing policies and its mass exodus problem. According to the state's Department of Finance, California has lost 117,552 people between Jan. 1, 2021, and Jan. 1, 2022, bringing its population back to where it was in 2016. But failing policies can be blamed any day. What is another key ignored topic in the state is the Democrats' U-turn on promises made not only during election cycles and campaigns but also year-round.

However, these promises have translated into legislative theatrics. Just this month, the Los Angeles City Council advanced a motion to declare the city a "sanctuary" city, prohibiting “city resources, property, or personnel from being utilized for any federal immigration enforcement, and related matters." But the risk of making big promises that are dangerous for the country is now out in the open. Their newly adopted rhetoric against California's touting of itself as a "sanctuary state" goes against everything the state's Democrats have stood for so far.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/california-continues-u-turn-on-sanctuary-state-promise
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson