Author Topic: Beds for 15,000 people sit empty in NYC’s public, supportive housing systems amid migrant crisis:  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Beds for 15,000 people sit empty in NYC’s public, supportive housing systems amid migrant crisis:
 data CHRIS SOMMERFELDT
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS UPDATED JUNE 19, 2023 8:21 PM

NEW YORK — There are enough vacant apartments in the city’s public and supportive housing systems to accommodate 15,000 people, according to data shared with the New York Daily News by Brooklyn Councilman Lincoln Restler, who’s questioning why Mayor Eric Adams’ administration isn’t doing more to fill those units amid the continuing migrant crisis.

The agency-level data — which Restler also highlighted in a Monday letter to Adams and Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development Maria Torres-Springer — shows the New York City Housing Authority had 3,932 empty units across its system as of the end of last month.

On the same date, the data shows more than 2,600 units sat vacant in the city’s supportive housing network, which is meant for homeless New Yorkers with a documented need for social services.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article276558436.html#storylink=cpy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson