Author Topic: Is it any wonder military recruitment has fallen so dramatically over the past two years?  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Is it any wonder military recruitment has fallen so dramatically over the past two years?
Story by Elizabeth Stauffer • Yesterday 6:00 AM

It’s been widely reported that recruitment levels across all branches of the United States military fell well short of expectations in 2022. The Army missed its target of 60,000 new troops by 15,000, or 25%. Navy and Air Force recruitment were down as well. And the outlook for 2023 looks equally dismal.

According to Military.com, Army planners estimate that “only about 23% of 17- to 24-year-olds can meet the service's expectations, with many applicants failing the military's SAT-style entrance exam or being too overweight to serve.”

While it’s true that obesity among U.S. children has been rising for decades, the forced COVID-19 lockdowns surely exacerbated the problem. The lockdowns are also responsible for the growing number of students who fail to achieve grade-level math and reading competency. Maybe the time teachers devote to indoctrinating students with useless racial and gender theories would better be spent on basic academics.

The military has always been one of America’s most highly-revered institutions. Even as we watched the scourge of wokeness spread its venomous tentacles into all aspects of American culture, including academia and our government agencies, the U.S. military appeared to be largely immune to this trend, remaining apolitical, as intended.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers/is-it-any-wonder-military-recruitment-has-fallen-so-dramatically-over-the-past-two-years/ar-AA1cJJFQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=048e7821d201400883a0b69960a8f4ca&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson