Author Topic: CANCER DEATHS AMONG VETERANS ARE RISING – WHAT’S BEING DONE TO PREVENT IT?  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CANCER DEATHS AMONG VETERANS ARE RISING – WHAT’S BEING DONE TO PREVENT IT?
June 9, 2023Chelsey Simoni, APRN, MSN, Ph.D.(c), HunterSeven Foundation

veteran cancer
The US Army Honor Guard, the 3rd US Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) Caisson Platoon, and the US Army Band, “Pershing’s Own,” conduct the funeral of US Army Staff Sgt. Bryan Black in Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, Oct. 30, 2017. Black, a native of Puyallup, Washington, was assigned to Company A, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) on Fort Bragg, North Carolina, when he died from wounds sustained during enemy contact in the country of Niger in West Africa, Oct. 4, 2017. Even in the absence of an active war, service members continue to die from another byproduct of the GWOT — cancer. US Army photo by Elizabeth Fraser/Arlington National Cemetery.

At the far end of Arlington Cemetery, in Section 60 — the gravesites closest to Marshall Drive — are fresh burial plots. There’s a standing list of service members waiting to be buried in what has been America’s most sacred ground since the Civil War.

But America’s wars, for the moment, are over — if we are no longer fighting on foreign soil after two decades of the Global War on Terror, why are we still burying so many service members?

These combat-related deaths are not being inflicted by an enemy attacking service members; they’re the result of something born in them during their time of service that grew and consumed them from the inside. These service members died from cancer.

https://coffeeordie.com/cancer-deaths-veterans
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson