Author Topic: Army To Triple Munitions Production - Align Ukraine Support With Modernization  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army To Triple Munitions Production - Align Ukraine Support With Modernization
The US Army is massively revving up its ability to produce large quantities of munitions
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONJUN 16, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington DC) The US Army is massively revving up its ability to produce large quantities of munitions such that the monthly output for 155mm artillery shells, anti-tank rounds for Javelins and precision rockets such as Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems will triple in just the next few years.

Of great significance, however, is that the ramp up is not only geared toward ongoing support to Ukraine but also grounded in Army modernization strategies intended to sustain, upgrade and deliver high volumes of precision munitions. Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth recently told reporters that production ramp up efforts in support of Ukraine are entirely aligned with both short and long-term Army objectives.

“We went from about 14,000 munitions per month to production rates of about 20,000 per month. We expect to be up to 75,000 by mid 2025. We are doing that in similar ways with Javelins. We are trying to increase those production lines and pull those to the left as much as possible,” Wormuth said. “Throughout the process of arming Ukrainians, we have been careful to balance their needs with our need to stay ready. We’re working closely with industry to increase production capacity on things like GMLRS, Javelin and 155mm artillery.”

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-to-triple-munitions-production-align-ukraine-support-with-modernization
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson