Author Topic: Updated: submarine exploring Titanic wreckage disappears in Atlantic Ocean: Coast Guard  (Read 17206 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So, you were just born with an innate ability to do structural engineering?

And an innate ability to do plumbing, and electrical work?

If your house is over 40 years old, the realtors want the land, not the house.  Sorry to break it to you.

Thank GOD Texas isn't New York! Yet!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:10:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nonsense.  The average person is quite able to discern whether a self-proclaimed barber is potentially lethal; that same person is not able to evaluate whether a sophisticated pressure vessel is either manufactured as promised or maintained as promised.

You walk into a barber shop for a haircut.  There are 2 barbers.  One has a perfectly styled look...the other look like he got caught in a buzz saw.

With whom do you make the appointment?   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You walk into a barber shop for a haircut.  There are 2 barbers.  One has a perfectly styled look...the other look like he got caught in a buzz saw.

Find out who cut that first barber's hair. He didn't do it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Neither! I've had the same barber for 55 years and she doesn't take appointments.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Terrifying TikTok videos depict what may have happened during Titanic sub’s ‘catastrophic implosion’

By Steve Janoski
June 22, 2023

Bone-chilling TikTok clips show what the “catastrophic implosion” of the Titan submersible might have looked like — a terrifying re-enactment of a scenario that killed five passengers in the North Atlantic’s treacherous depths.

Implosions happen shockingly fast, as demonstrated by an old animation of a railroad tanker suddenly collapsing.

TikTok animators extrapolated what that might have looked like underwater.

In one clip, posted by user @sincerelybootz, a vessel that looks like a military sub suddenly flattens out, curls into a taco-shaped piece of metal, and then rips apart — leaving behind nothing but air bubbles and shrapnel.

“It’s very instantaneous as far as death when it comes to any lives that may be on board,” the narrator states.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/22/tiktok-videos-depict-what-may-have-happened-during-titanic-subs-catastrophic-implosion/

@Kamaji

Why would anyone who is not an engineer want to look at something like that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

Carbon fiber composite materials are not "on the cheap". Carbon fiber composite materials have been used in high performance military aircraft since at least the mid-late 1970s (the F/A-18 and probably the F-16). Carbon fiber composite materials are high strength and light weight.
The stresses endured by a vessel under 5500 PSI from every direction are not the same as the stresses endured by a wing on an aircraft.

Different application.
Compared to a titanium pressure hull?
Just my $0.02, but it isn't cheap if it doesn't work, especially if it gets you killed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@Kamaji

Why would anyone who is not an engineer want to look at something like that?
Why are there so many looky-loos at car wrecks?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not everything is a conspiracy and therefore this isn't one being created; but rather look at the fact that the navy knew of the implosion yet continued their charade of search and rescue long after they knew what had happened.

@libertybele

Serious question: "Why would the Navy disclose some of their underseas capability when there were no lives to save,and POSSIBLY classified information about their underwater capability  would be made public? After all the passengers were already dead,and they weren't going to get any deader if it took the general public a couple of days to find this out.

Frankly,I have no  freaking idea WHY this was made public,and hope the officer responsible gets court-martialed.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

So, you were just born with an innate ability to do structural engineering?

And an innate ability to do plumbing, and electrical work?

Yes, I was.  :cool:

Online mountaineer

So who here believes the Navy's knowledge - or strong suspicion - that the vessel had imploded and its passengers annihilated was kept quiet to distract from R. Hunter Biden?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Depends on whether I'm going for the punk-rock look, or not.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So who here believes the Navy's knowledge - or strong suspicion - that the vessel had imploded and its passengers annihilated was kept quiet to distract from R. Hunter Biden?

Me
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I do...call me cynical but this has all the earmarks of *never let a crisis go to waste*....they took advantage of this tragedy to control all the news.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

I believe the sub imploded.  There's a lot of water pressure at the depth.  It's pretty stupid to descend 2.5 miles to the ocean floor in a tourist sub when many manned Navy subs can't safely reach that depth.

It would not have as much press if there weren't a couple of billionaires on that tin can.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I do...call me cynical but this has all the earmarks of *never let a crisis go to waste*....they took advantage of this tragedy to control all the news.

Everything is not a conspiracy theory but when ALL the coincidences go in only one direction somethings up!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:51:30 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Caveat Emptor

I went to a punked barber once. I got a bad haircut, two tattoos and a lip ring.

I was born a democrat. When I cried I got what I wanted. But I quickly grew out of it.

I was a quick study.  I only peed on a current bush one time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

Got evidence?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
P.S. A lot of people rely on sub contractors.

Offline Smokin Joe

Not to mention tapping sounds? Put me in, coach!

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

I doubt the Navy wants to advertise the details of its underwater surveillance capabilities to America's enemies.

Plus, there are lots of noises under the ocean, many geological.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

That, and the story had all it takes to be a smokescreen for Hunter's problems. Drama, popular appeal, interest, etc. A few knocking sounds just help keep it going...even after the alleged detection of implosion.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I doubt the Navy wants to advertise the details of its underwater surveillance capabilities to America's enemies.

Plus, there are lots of noises under the ocean, many geological.

The U.S. government's hydrophone network has been known about for decades - at least in terms of its existence, if not specific details - and the Soviets/Russians most likely knew where a lot of the listening equipment was located.

That being said, these things are apparently extremely sensitive, and extremely good at discerning the acoustic signatures of various underwater mechanical failures from naturally-occurring sounds.

Even back in the 1960s, the equipment was apparently good enough that it was able record sounds from the Scorpion incident that allowed later researchers to identify various specific events, or likely events, in the course of that submarine's failure, sinking, and ultimate destuction from compressive implosion.

That was almost 60 years ago, and I'm quite sure the equipment has been updated a time or two since then, so it is entirely possible that the system, just set on its default recording procedures, was able to pick up the particular signature of the Titan's implosion.

Furthermore, the Navy apparently started reviewing the acoustic data shortly after they learned that the submersible was not responding to contacts, and detected that signature.  They also apparently were able to use the acoustic data to start narrowing down the likely location of the debris field.

To me, the three question are (a) how confident were they in that identification, (b) how quickly did they convey that information to the company itself, and (c) why wasn't it disclosed to the public earlier than it was?

Offline PeteS in CA

So the goalpost is moved from "on the cheap" to carbon fiber composites being unsuitable for the application? That's an entirely different argument.

Back to the OP's silly claim, yeah, there was a sub, though now it's a gravesite.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

So the goalpost is moved from "on the cheap" to carbon fiber composites being unsuitable for the application? That's an entirely different argument.

Back to the OP's silly claim, yeah, there was a sub, though now it's a gravesite.

No goal posts have been moved; alternative theories have been articulated.

Offline Smokin Joe

What's a titanium pressure hull cost? I don't pretend to know, but I bet it is more expensive to make one rated for 5500PSI than to spin up a carbon fiber hull.

C S Lewis