Author Topic: Updated: submarine exploring Titanic wreckage disappears in Atlantic Ocean: Coast Guard  (Read 17146 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

I think there was also a Titanic movie made in the 50s? 60s?

I suppose you all are right about this. It’s like going to the Moon or Mars. As much as I’d like to explore space thr idea of dying like in the Challenger or like Gus Grissom. It’s a hard pass
@Gefn You are correct. The film version of Walter Lord's book A Night to Remember came out in 1958.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Gibbs Rule no 39

:laugh:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So what of the reports that they could hear banging noises?

Someone said it was probably the Titanic itself creaking and cracking.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

It kind of gives me hope that maybe the free market is not dead after all.

There are probably barbers and hair dressers and handymen, and all kinds of other people out in the world doing things without "certification."  The people who do business with them know what they are getting into.  These people knew full well the risks of this particular adventure. It is a terrible tragedy, but it would be more of a tragedy if this resulted in new laws that stifled innovation and peoples' freedom to enter into contracts.

Nonsense.  The average person is quite able to discern whether a self-proclaimed barber is potentially lethal; that same person is not able to evaluate whether a sophisticated pressure vessel is either manufactured as promised or maintained as promised.

Offline Kamaji

Terrifying TikTok videos depict what may have happened during Titanic sub’s ‘catastrophic implosion’

By Steve Janoski
June 22, 2023

Bone-chilling TikTok clips show what the “catastrophic implosion” of the Titan submersible might have looked like — a terrifying re-enactment of a scenario that killed five passengers in the North Atlantic’s treacherous depths.

Implosions happen shockingly fast, as demonstrated by an old animation of a railroad tanker suddenly collapsing.

TikTok animators extrapolated what that might have looked like underwater.

In one clip, posted by user @sincerelybootz, a vessel that looks like a military sub suddenly flattens out, curls into a taco-shaped piece of metal, and then rips apart — leaving behind nothing but air bubbles and shrapnel.

“It’s very instantaneous as far as death when it comes to any lives that may be on board,” the narrator states.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/22/tiktok-videos-depict-what-may-have-happened-during-titanic-subs-catastrophic-implosion/

Offline goatprairie

From what I've been reading apparently they made this thing on the cheap using carbon fiber isntead of steel. According to James Cameron of the movie "Titanic" and (believe it or not) a certified expert on these things carbon fiber is far more susceptible to implosion than steel.
Moral of story: just because somebody knows more or a lot more than you do about certain things does not make them an infallible expert. The guy who built the Titan and took those people down to their deaths obviously didn't know nearly as much as he thought he did.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 01:22:36 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Kamaji

Titanic sub implosion detected by Navy hours after losing communications, US official says

By Patrick Reilly
June 22, 2023

The Titan submersible implosion that killed all five passengers was heard by a top-secret US Navy acoustic detection system hours after it began its doomed descent to the Titanic wreck, according to a report.

The Navy began using the system, which is used to locate enemy submarines, to listen for the Titan almost immediately after it lost contact with its mothership on Sunday, a US defense official told the Wall Street Journal.

Shortly after the Navy began listening, it heard what it believed to be an implosion coming from the area where debris from the vessel was found on Thursday.

“The US Navy conducted an analysis of acoustic data and detected an anomaly consistent with an implosion or explosion in the general vicinity of where the Titan submersible was operating when communications were lost,” a senior official told the outlet.

“While not definitive, this information was immediately shared with the Incident Commander to assist with the ongoing search and rescue mission,” they added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/22/titanic-sub-implosion-detected-by-navy-hours-after-losing-communications/

Online American Girl

I tried to tell somebody that the explosion had to be heard by our acoustical sensing devices and that Naval Intelligence is waiting for confirmation before revealing it. I was accused of making it up.

The present circumstances are deeply concerning. If we were to gain a comprehensive understanding of the long-standing actions undertaken by governmental agencies such as the CIA, FBI, and the pharmaceutical industry, it would undoubtedly provoke widespread civic unrest. It is apparent that a significant magnitude of nefarious activities remains concealed from public scrutiny.

https://www.usasupreme.com/the-submarine-exploded-on-sunday-and-the-navy-knew-heres-why-the-biden-administration-held-off-announcing-titanic-sub-deaths/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

True, but circumstance ALWAYS seems to work in favor of the COMMIES doesn't it? @Jack Russell
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Titanic sub implosion detected by Navy hours after losing communications, US official says

By Patrick Reilly
June 22, 2023

“While not definitive, this information was immediately shared with the Incident Commander to assist with the ongoing search and rescue mission,” they added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/22/titanic-sub-implosion-detected-by-navy-hours-after-losing-communications/

A delay by US officials in approving paperwork is hampering the mission to find a submersible that has five people trapped on board, an advisor to the company that owns the sub said.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,503257.msg2853082.html#msg2853082

Curiouser and curiouser.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 01:53:05 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nonsense.  The average person is quite able to discern whether a self-proclaimed barber is potentially lethal; that same person is not able to evaluate whether a sophisticated pressure vessel is either manufactured as promised or maintained as promised.

Nonsense yourself! Many of us are perfectly capable of deciding whether or not we want to plunk down our own money and take a trip at our own risk. We don't need a damned nanny!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

If everyone didn't understand the kind of ruthlessness we have right now in DC, they do now.

That can't be stated enough times.  Those in DC are ruthless and they will stop at nothing to accomplish their agenda.  There was no reason to keep this investigation going, take up air time on the news other than it was a great opportunity to take the focus off of Brandon and his crack-head son. 

Offline libertybele

Not everything is a conspiracy and therefore this isn't one being created; but rather look at the fact that the navy knew of the implosion yet continued their charade of search and rescue long after they knew what had happened.

Why?  Because they wanted to interrupt regular TV?  Because they needed to justify their jobs?  Because DC saw this as a perfect opportunity to take focus off of Brandon & Co????

We know that DC is corrupt.  We know that the DOJ is corrupt.  So, the answer becomes obvious when you begin to connect the dots.

Offline Kamaji

Nonsense yourself! Many of us are perfectly capable of deciding whether or not we want to plunk down our own money and take a trip at our own risk. We don't need a damned nanny!

Nonsense.

Unless you are a trained submersible designer/manufacturer, you have no means of evaluating whether that submersible was capable of descending to the depths it went to, nor do you have the ability to evaluate the maintenance schedules and logs to discern whether maintenance has been adequate, nor whether there were defects discovered that should concern you.

There is a very good reason why there are strong laws and regulations governing the construction, use, maintenance, and repair of large boilers, and it isn't because of some idiotic marxist conspiracy to deprive you of your right to use whatever type of boiler you please.

Prior to the regulation of the boiler industry, there were many very lethal boiler failures attributable to poor design or poor maintenance, none of which could have been detected by the average joe living in a building with such a boiler.

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiler_explosion#Causes

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nonsense.

Unless you are a trained submersible designer/manufacturer, you have no means of evaluating whether that submersible was capable of descending to the depths it went to, nor do you have the ability to evaluate the maintenance schedules and logs to discern whether maintenance has been adequate, nor whether there were defects discovered that should concern you.

There is a very good reason why there are strong laws and regulations governing the construction, use, maintenance, and repair of large boilers, and it isn't because of some idiotic marxist conspiracy to deprive you of your right to use whatever type of boiler you please.

Prior to the regulation of the boiler industry, there were many very lethal boiler failures attributable to poor design or poor maintenance, none of which could have been detected by the average joe living in a building with such a boiler.

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiler_explosion#Causes

I will stand by what I've already said @Kamaji

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

I will stand by what I've already said @Kamaji

Uh-huh.  Stand in your house that was constructed in accordance with a well-developed, comprehensive building code, the purpose of which was to save you from injury or death from a poorly constructed house, the defects of which you would almost certainly be unable to detect on your own.  And typing on your computer, which is subject to comprehensive regulations regarding the levels of radiation it can emit, all to protect your health from dangers you could almost certainly not detect yourself.

So, go ahead and stand as you will; you're still standing on precisely the very things you denigrate.

Offline Kamaji

‘Titanic’ director James Cameron slams search for missing sub as ‘nightmarish charade’

By Emily Crane
June 23, 2023

“Titanic” director James Cameron has slammed the days-long search operation for the doomed Titan sub as a “nightmarish charade” — insisting he knew that the vessel had imploded just hours after it lost contact with the surface.

Cameron, a submersible pioneer who has made 33 trips of his own to the Titanic wreckage, told the BBC on Friday that he “felt in my bones” the Titan submersible had been lost soon after the news broke that the five people on board were missing.

The 68-year-old director said the subsequent hunt for the submersible — including the countdown of how much oxygen supply was left and that banging noises had been heard — “felt like a prolonged and nightmarish charade.”

“That was just a cruel, slow turn of the screw for four days as far as I’m concerned,” Cameron said. “Because I knew the truth on Monday morning.”

“For me, there was no doubt. I knew that sub was sitting exactly underneath its last known depth and position. That’s exactly where they found it,” he added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/titanic-director-james-cameron-says-search-for-missing-sub-was-nightmarish-charade/

Offline Kamaji

Doomed Titanic sub CEO tried to sell cut-price tickets, saying it was ‘safer than crossing the street’

By Lee Brown
June 23, 2023

A Las Vegas billionaire has revealed OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush tried to sell him cut-price tickets for the doomed Titanic dive — telling him it would be even safer than crossing the street.

Property financing tycoon Jay Bloom — a one-time business partner of late “Everwood” star Treat Williams — shared a series of text messages showing how Rush tried to sell him and his son, Sean, spots that eventually went to Shahzada Dawood, 48, and his son Sulaiman, 19.

As far back as April, Rush started pushing a “last-minute price” of $150,000 — a $100,000 discount from the usual $250,000.

That steep discount was offered after Bloom admitted he and his son were worried about the safety of the sub that imploded, killing Rush and his four wealthy Titanic tourists.

“My son’s friend researched what could go wrong and put a little scare in him,” Bloom texted the CEO in February. “He’s excited to go, but concerned about the danger.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/doomed-sub-ceo-said-it-was-safer-than-crossing-the-street/

Offline PeteS in CA

Carbon fiber composite materials are not "on the cheap". Carbon fiber composite materials have been used in high performance military aircraft since at least the mid-late 1970s (the F/A-18 and probably the F-16). Carbon fiber composite materials are high strength and light weight.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Uh-huh.  Stand in your house that was constructed in accordance with a well-developed, comprehensive building code, the purpose of which was to save you from injury or death from a poorly constructed house, the defects of which you would almost certainly be unable to detect on your own.  And typing on your computer, which is subject to comprehensive regulations regarding the levels of radiation it can emit, all to protect your health from dangers you could almost certainly not detect yourself.

So, go ahead and stand as you will; you're still standing on precisely the very things you denigrate.

My house was constructed by me over forty years ago in an area where no such codes exist. Amazingly, it has  hot and cold running water, flush toilets, and most everything a person needs. Realtors tell me often that if  ever decide to sell PLEASE let me know first.  I still don't need a damned NANNY!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 03:58:05 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

My house was constructed by me over forty years ago in an area where no such codes exist. Amazingly, it has  hot and cold running water, flush toilets, and most everything a person needs. Realtors tell me often that if  ever decide to sell PLEASE let me know first.  I still don't need a damned NANNY!

So, you were just born with an innate ability to do structural engineering?

And an innate ability to do plumbing, and electrical work?

If your house is over 40 years old, the realtors want the land, not the house.  Sorry to break it to you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:04:45 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Smokin Joe

Not everything is a conspiracy and therefore this isn't one being created; but rather look at the fact that the navy knew of the implosion yet continued their charade of search and rescue long after they knew what had happened.

Why?  Because they wanted to interrupt regular TV?  Because they needed to justify their jobs?  Because DC saw this as a perfect opportunity to take focus off of Brandon & Co????

We know that DC is corrupt.  We know that the DOJ is corrupt.  So, the answer becomes obvious when you begin to connect the dots.
Possibly checking with the Brass to make sure they would not be giving away anything not already common knowledge about the SOSUS net or other capabilities.

C S Lewis