Author Topic: Updated: submarine exploring Titanic wreckage disappears in Atlantic Ocean: Coast Guard  (Read 16554 times)

Offline Idiot

Follow the $$$ @sneakypete the Trail surreptitiously leads back to Florida and that DeDa guy, Shirley.
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 19, 2023 8:37pm EDT
Former Navy officer, US congressman calls for deployment of nuclear sub to search for missing Titanic tour
The tourist submersible went missing Sunday with five people on board

By Brandon Gillespie | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: A U.S. congressman who served as a nuclear submarine officer in the U.S. Navy is calling for the force to take action in the search for a missing tourist submersible destined for the wreckage of the Titanic that disappeared on Sunday.

"I have 500 days at sea on a submarine, so my heart really goes out to the missing crewmen and their families. The United States Navy needs to step up and do everything possible to help locate that submarine as quickly as possible," Rep. Brandon Williams, R-N.Y., told Fox News Digital Monday evening.

The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) confirmed to Fox earlier in the day that they were currently searching for a lost Titan submersible. Tourists can charter the small craft for visits to the Titanic through OceanGate Expeditions (OGE), which recently announced new mission crews for a North Atlantic trip on social media.

"We have the best sonar operators in the world, we have the best sonar equipment in the world, and locating the missing submarine is the first step to recovering the crew—time is against us. The United States Navy, I hope, is offering all assistance necessary," Williams said.

Williams, who joined the Navy in 1991, volunteered to serve as a nuclear submarine officer and went through the Navy's grueling nuclear engineering training. He completed six strategic-deterrent patrols aboard the USS Georgia, serving as the Strategic Missile Officer, before leaving the military in 1996.

He stressed the need to avoid wasting time in rescuing the lost submersible in a Tweet he posted earlier Monday.

"[U.S. Navy] —deploy a nuclear submarine to find our civilian friends [OceanGate Expeditions]. Don’t wait, get the best sonar operators in the world in a position to help rescue the lost submersible and it’s crew, while there is still hope!" he wrote.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-navy-officer-us-congressman-calls-deployment-nuclear-sub-search-lost-titanic-tour

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   Follow the $$$ @sneakypete
the Trail surreptitiously leads back to Florida and that DeDa guy, Shirley.

@corbe

I honestly  have no idea who  or what you  are talking about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

Follow the $$$ @sneakypete the Trail surreptitiously leads back to Florida and that DeDa guy, Shirley.

:mauslaff:

Online corbe

@corbe

I honestly  have no idea who  or what you  are talking about.

Noone else does either @sneakypete that's the tragedy of my Ministry.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
UK billionaire Hamish Harding on board missing Titanic submersible, family confirms

UK billionaire Hamish Harding is one of five people on board a missing tourist submersible used to take people to see the wreck of the Titanic.

Sky News understands two others on board the vessel, named Titan, are French submersible pilot Paul-Henry Nargeolet, and chief executive and founder of OceanGate Expeditions Stockton Rush.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-billionaire-hamish-harding-on-board-missing-titanic-submersible-family-confirms-12905616
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Being fascinated with the Titanic, when I first heard about these tours I really wanted to go on one. But as often happens in life the Benjimans got in the way. Things happen for a reason, I guess.

I hope they find this sub and the people alive.
Me, too. But it is ~5,500 PSI outside at the Titanic wreck site.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

:da man:

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Titanic submersible rescue operation a race against time as oxygen supply dwindles

Five people, including British billionaire Hamish Harding, are on board the vessel which began its dive towards the Titanic wreck on Sunday morning. The submersible had a 96-hour oxygen supply in case of emergencies - meaning only around two days of "life support" remain.

https://news.sky.com/story/titanic-submersible-rescue-operation-a-race-against-time-as-oxygen-supply-dwindles-12905728

Article lists all names of people onboard
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 06:51:00 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
////00000////

Descending 2 miles to the bottom of the ocean in a can ... what could possibly go wrong?

Stella!   I could have been a bud light contender!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

A veteran French diver aboard the missing Titanic-bound submersible made a chilling warning a few years ago about the perils of diving to the abyss – saying: “You’re dead before you realize that something is wrong.”

Paul-Henry Nargeolet, 77, a former French navy diver known as “Mr. Titanic,” was asked in 2019 by the Irish Examiner whether he ever got scared diving 12,500 feet to reach the famous passenger liner’s wreckage.

“If you are 11m or 11km down, if something bad happens, the result is the same,” the Connecticut resident told the outlet. “When you’re in very deep water, you’re dead before you realize that something is happening, so it’s just not a problem.” ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

This thing seems to be less safe than a Pinto being tailgated by a tanker truck.

https://twitter.com/FnpMarieOH/status/1670931677013524487
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

I wonder at what point it changes from search and rescue to a recovery effort?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 June 20, 2023 7:36am EDT
OceanGate CEO last year addressed 'worry' of Titan submarine being unable to return to surface
Titan remains missing Tuesday following tourist dive to explore wreckage of Titanic

By Greg Norman | Fox New

The CEO of the company whose submersible craft has vanished with five people on board during a tourist dive to explore the wreckage of the Titanic revealed in a podcast interview late last year that he had a worry of objects preventing the vessel from returning to the surface.

Stockton Rush of OceanGate addressed the concern during a November episode of "Unsung Science" titled "Back to Titanic Part 1," which featured a discussion of his company’s now-missing Titan sub.

"So, once we’re down there, what are the things to worry about?" host David Pogue, a "CBS Sunday Morning" correspondent, asked Rush.

"What I worry about most are things that will stop me from being able to get to the surface. Overhangs, fish nets, entanglement hazards," Rush said. "And, that’s just a technique, piloting technique. It’s pretty clear -- if it’s an overhang, don’t go under it. If there is a net, don’t go near it. So, you can avoid those if you are just slow and steady."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/oceangate-ceo-last-year-addressed-worry-titan-sub-being-unable-return-surface
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Passengers of missing sub run by ‘Playstation’ controller were billionaires on expedition to Titanic
June 20, 2023 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

The Titan submersible vanished on Sunday an hour and forty-five minutes after departing to view the wreckage of the Titanic, carrying five people onboard the 22 ft. carbon fiber and titanium vessel that is controlled by a PlayStation controller.

https://twitter.com/DumpstrFireNews/status/1671089022809063424

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/06/20/passengers-of-missing-sub-run-by-playstation-controller-were-billionaires-on-expedition-to-titanic-1370069/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 01:24:35 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online Kamaji

Passengers of missing sub run by ‘Playstation’ controller were billionaires on expedition to Titanic
June 20, 2023 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

The Titan submersible vanished on Sunday an hour and forty-five minutes after departing to view the wreckage of the Titanic, carrying five people onboard the 22 ft. carbon fiber and titanium vessel that is controlled by a PlayStation controller.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://embed.air.tv/v1/iframe/xIo58OF0Qjqv9jOdd8Ur8w?organization=LJ10S7THQdSjR0yQuzEugw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://twitter.com/DumpstrFireNews/status/1671089022809063424

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/06/20/passengers-of-missing-sub-run-by-playstation-controller-were-billionaires-on-expedition-to-titanic-1370069/

Nuts.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Two fears.  Trapped in a mine cave in. Trapped in a sardine can on the ocean floor. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re the US and Oz planes going to the area, I know sonobuoy and Magnetic Anomaly Detector (MAD) technology have advanced considerably since WW2, but a certain large ferrous object has been in that area for a century and change. Will the planes be able to be useful in that context?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 You would think something  like this sub would have some sort of emergency signalling device.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What are the chances that all motor power AND communications (GPS) are gone simultaneously?

They'd have the GPS on its own independent power source...wouldn't they?
@bigheadfred (Great minds think alike LOL)

Wish it was "The Abyss" remake.  Hopefully, they're found before it's too late.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

What are the chances that all motor power AND communications (GPS) are gone simultaneously?

They'd have the GPS on its own independent power source...wouldn't they?
@bigheadfred (Great minds think alike LOL)

Wish it was "The Abyss" remake.  Hopefully, they're found before it's too late.

No GPS underwater. No radio that deep.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

A simple sound powered device would be most effective in an underwater environment I would think.

Perhaps even as simple as a hammer.

Of course, IF they are trapped inside something that isn't going to work.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 03:30:00 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@DB

Ahh...thank you!   :patriot:

What about an emergency weighted/anchored buoy directing a signal from the surface?
Something?  Anything?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Kamaji

Found an info-graphic on this thing:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They need to call in Dirk Pitt.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley