Author Topic: Updated: submarine exploring Titanic wreckage disappears in Atlantic Ocean: Coast Guard  (Read 16744 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coast Guard says 'debris field' found by underwater robot in search for missing Titan sub

The Coast Guard has announced Thursday that a "debris field was discovered within the search area by an ROV near the Titanic.

"Experts within the unified command are evaluating the information," it added.

Underwater remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) were deployed Thursday morning to search the Atlantic Ocean floor for OceanGate's Titan submarine, which vanished Sunday morning with five passengers onboard.

The Coast Guard earlier said the "Canadian vessel Horizon Arctic has deployed an ROV that has reached the sea floor and began its search for the missing sub."

The French vessel L'Atalante also deployed their ROV, it added.

The Titan submarine vanished Sunday morning with five people onboard: OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush, French mariner Paul-Henry Nargeolet, British businessman and explorer Hamish Harding, Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood and his son Sulaiman Dawood.

The oxygen inside the Titan was estimated by the Coast Guard to run out on Thursday morning.

Posted by Greg Norman
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline PeteS in CA

Legal American? Is that you?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://twitter.com/NEWSMAX/status/1671918961376780288

@mystery-ak

Someone correct me if I am wrong,and this is VERY possible,but in a situation like that with high-pressure (ocean depths) pushing against a steel "egg" that has lost all it's oxygen (force to push  back against the sea pressure),it will implode,resulting in scattered debris near the implosion.

Is this correct?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 04:53:48 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

@mystery-ak

Someone correct me if I am,and this is VERY possible,but in a situation like that with high-pressure (ocean depths) pushing against a steel "egg" that has lost all it's oxygen (force to push  back against the sea pressure),it will implode,resulting in scattered debris near the implosion.

Is this correct?

It wouldn't have been the result of running out of fresh oxygen - the oxygen is still in the submersible, it's just been converted into CO2 - but is most likely the result of some other event.  It could have been something as simple as a slight dent on the outer surface that escaped detection at the surface of the ocean.  Once the submersible gets down to depth, even minor asymmetries in the pressure vessel can result in a catastrophic failure.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It wouldn't have been the result of running out of fresh oxygen - the oxygen is still in the submersible, it's just been converted into CO2 - but is most likely the result of some other event.  It could have been something as simple as a slight dent on the outer surface that escaped detection at the surface of the ocean.  Once the submersible gets down to depth, even minor asymmetries in the pressure vessel can result in a catastrophic failure.

@Kamaji

CO2 exerts the same external pressures as oxygen in situations like this?

Once again,I am asking because I don't know. Hell,I hadn't even considered it one way or the other.

Offline PeteS in CA

Catastrophic collapse seems consistent with "debris field".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

@Kamaji

CO2 exerts the same external pressures as oxygen in situations like this?

Once again,I am asking because I don't know. Hell,I hadn't even considered it one way or the other.

The air pressure inside the vessel is tiny compared to the forces outside (about 400 to 1) and has little effect on whether it collapses or not.

The tube section was carbon fiber composite. Very strong for its weight but when it fails, it fails completely.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I almost hope we find out they died quickly and early in a catastrophic event.  The thought of these souls trapped at the bottom of the sea counting down the hours to death is nearly unbearable.

Online DB

Especially with a carbon fiber main body tube.

Online Polly Ticks

I almost hope we find out they died quickly and early in a catastrophic event.  The thought of these souls trapped at the bottom of the sea counting down the hours to death is nearly unbearable.

Same.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

My hope as well.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"It might be distasteful being here but my family would want me to be at the Blink-182 show as it’s my favorite band and music helps me in difficult times!♥️🙏🏽"[/i]

@massadvj

It's good to see  that his family is his main concern.

Bless his little snowflake heart.   BTW,there MAY be SOME slight traces of sarcasm in this post.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 05:22:47 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The air pressure inside the vessel is tiny compared to the forces outside (about 400 to 1) and has little effect on whether it collapses or not.

The tube section was carbon fiber composite. Very strong for its weight but when it fails, it fails completely.

@DB

Thanks!

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

Agreed.  God rest their souls.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

@massadvj

It's good to see  that his family is his main concern.

Bless his litttle heart!

Shades of Gisele Fetterman. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

Yup.

I'm not sure if the pressure differentials are exactly the same, but here is what happens to a railroad tanker car when it's subjected to vaccuum inside with pressure relief valves blocked.

Keep in mind, this is just what the ordinary sea-level atmosphere can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And it's assumed they even came close to desired depth. It could have ripped well above and the debris goes straight to the bottom.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yup.

I'm not sure if the pressure differentials are exactly the same, but here is what happens to a railroad tanker car when it's subjected to vaccuum inside with pressure relief valves blocked.

Keep in mind, this is just what the ordinary sea-level atmosphere can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

@Kamaji

WOWSA! That is pretty damn  impressive!

Not to mention more than a little scary.

Online DB

A "debris field" has been discovered in the search for Titan - with a rescue expert telling Sky News that the missing sub's landing frame and rear cover have been found.

https://news.sky.com/story/debris-field-discovered-within-search-area-near-titanic-us-coast-guard-says-12906735

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And it's assumed they even came close to desired depth. It could have ripped well above and the debris goes straight to the bottom.

@Free Vulcan

I would THINK that the people monitoring the dive from the dive boat would have known  how deep they were when they  lost contact.

Online DB

Just to give some perspective.

There are 144 square inches in a square foot. So a force of 5500 lbs per square inch is 792,000 lbs per square foot. 10 feet square is 100 times that...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 05:45:04 pm by DB »