Author Topic: There Are Some Serious Problems With These Polls Right Now  (Read 6163 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: There Are Some Serious Problems With These Polls Right Now
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2023, 11:51:19 pm »
Hey, I’m just using your own posting history. If you’re upset with that, take it up with yourself… Lol.

And you’re still avoiding the question of where you got the information in 2016 that Donald Trump made his money by scamming people

@LMAO

First of all,I do NOT remember posting that. It was obvious to anyone that cared to look that he inherited a fortune,and before he inherited a fortune he was working for his father who was a Billionaire. Trump has NEVER been poor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2023, 11:54:12 pm »
@LMAO

First of all,I do NOT remember posting that. It was obvious to anyone that cared to look that he inherited a fortune,and before he inherited a fortune he was working for his father who was a Billionaire. Trump has NEVER been poor.

Well, it’s clear you’re going to avoid the question and I’m not gonna take up any more space here to try to get an answer to a question I know I’m probably not going to get one

The reason that you made yourself a target is because you have no problem claiming those of us who are not keen on a Trump third term as wanting Jeb Bush or opposing him because he’s rich and orange. It appears, based on your posting history, it was you that had a problem with him, because he was orange and rich
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 11:57:46 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2023, 12:24:04 am »
I went to one of RiV linked Twitter accounts (@Here_I_Go_So)... I don't use Twitter much (maybe 10X times a year if that, mainly from links here) but wanted to read some replies to that account and look around... I logged in to my account (I have like three people I follow just to have something, libsofTictok (I think is the name) and Ted Cruz)... Anyhoo that twitter account sure sounds like someone here, so I "followed" them and was looking around (I do that sometimes) and got to one post where they were complaining about being blocked... Suddenly I found I was blocked (and I hadn't even posted to them). The Irony of twitter, folks that want to be seen and read so intensely but have so many enemies that don't they trust anyone.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 12:27:50 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2023, 01:13:19 am »
I think it is admirable that you were able to change your point of view.  It could demonstrate that you are able to grow, but it could also indicate that you've been taken in. I think that is why people are interested in probing your thinking process in this regard.  If we still see the charlatan you saw, what are we missing now? What changed your point of view about Trump?

Hey, @sneakypete could you have a look at this?  If you care to, I'd like to know this too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2023, 01:54:15 am »
Well, it’s clear you’re going to avoid the question and I’m not gonna take up any more space here to try to get an answer to a question I know I’m probably not going to get one

It appears, based on your posting history, it was you that had a problem with him, because he was orange and rich

I have no doubt that is but only one  of the delusions you  have every day.

The reason that you made yourself a target is because you have no problem claiming those of us who are not keen on a Trump third term as wanting Jeb Bush or opposing him because he’s rich and orange.

"Third Trump term? When did the second one happen?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2023, 01:59:41 am »
Hey, @sneakypete could you have a look at this?  If you care to, I'd like to know this too.

@Cyber Liberty

Trump happens to be the "right candidate at the right time". If we get "more of the usual",America is lost. We NEED a "verbal bomb thrower that can't be bribed" to wake up  a lot of people and make them aware of the corruption of the DNC and WAAAAY too many of those in the RNC.

Trump owes nobody anything,and the ONLY thing he cares about is how he is written about in the history  books. Because of this,he can't be bought and can't even be bribed.

It's either Trump,or one of the "Usual Suspects",and it was the Usual  Suspects working with their Dim counterparts that got us to where we are now.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2023, 02:36:29 am »
"Third Trump term? When did the second one happen?

I mean a third Trump attempt. My bad

But you’re still avoiding my question

I had a chance to go back and read your posting history in that link and you were very brutally anti-Trump. And you made a lot of claims regarding him.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 03:16:43 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2023, 02:39:43 am »
The purpose of polls is to gauge the effectiveness of MSM propaganda.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2023, 02:53:37 am »
Yeah, the buck NEVER stops with Trump, right?

What buck are you talking about @Timber Rattler ?  President Trump was accused of implementing Marshall Law during the lockdowns, something the Constitution prohibits.  I simply pointed out the errors in this line of attack ------ that the President left it to each governor to decide, in compliance with the 10th Amendment and supported several times by USSC decisions.

For your review:

Two centuries of law guide legal approach to modern pandemic
American Bar Association, Apr 2020

Under the U.S. Constitution’s 10th Amendment and U.S. Supreme Court decisions over nearly 200 years, state governments have the primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions. The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions.

With states adopting emergency measures, there are several broad public health tools that governors can invoke. They can, for example, order quarantines to separate and restrict the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. They can also direct that those who are sick with a quarantinable communicable disease be isolated from people who are not sick. And, as a growing number of governors have done in recent days, states can order residents to stay at home with exceptions for essential work, food or other needs. The governors’ orders, akin to shelter-in-place directives, affect tens of millions in the affected states. Curfews are another tool they can impose.

The power to quarantine and take even more stringent measures in the name of public health has belonged largely to the states for nearly 200 years. In 1824, the Supreme Court drew a clear line in Gibbons v. Ogden between the state and federal governments when it came to regulating activities within and between states. In a unanimous ruling, then-Chief Justice John Marshall cited the 10th Amendment in saying that police powers are largely reserved to states for activities within their borders.

Those police powers, he explained, include the ability to impose isolation and quarantine conditions. Marshall wrote that quarantine laws “form a portion of that immense mass of legislation which embraces everything within the territory of a state not surrendered to the general government.”

In 1902, the Supreme Court directly addressed a state’s power to quarantine an entire geographical area. In Compagnie Francaise de Navigation a Vapeur v. Louisiana State Board of Health, the justices upheld a Louisiana Supreme Court decision that the state could enact and enforce quarantine laws unless Congress had decided to preempt them. Thus Louisiana could exclude healthy persons from an infested area populated with persons with a contagious or infectious disease (the Port of New Orleans), and that this power applied as well to persons seeking to enter the infected place, whether they came from within the state or not. The decision in Compagnie Francaise remains unchanged, and numerous courts have cited it as authority for state quarantines as recently as the Ebola outbreak.

While President Donald Trump has played down the need for the federal government to declare national quarantines or isolations, some interpret he has that power under the Commerce Clause, which governs commerce with “foreign nations and among” states. The federal government did not invoke the Commerce Clause during the global 1918–1919 Spanish Influenza pandemic, which killed an estimated 40 million worldwide, including 675,000 Americans.

The president could urge other governors across the United States to issue “stay home” orders following the lead of California and New York, which were the first states to issue such directives. But as a Congressional Research Service report explained in 2014 amid the Ebola threat, governors have broad powers to invoke restrictions in their state while the power of the president is significantly more limited by law and Supreme Court precedent.

The president, for instance, said on March 17 that he discussed “a national lockdown” with advisers to minimize the spread of COVID-19, but three days later he dismissed the idea. While some say such a centralized federal response would be more effective and needed, any executive order to that effect would be unprecedented and would likely lead to a court challenge on constitutional grounds.

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/publications/youraba/2020/youraba-april-2020/law-guides-legal-approach-to-pandemic/

Bonus video:

"November, 2021. Fauci criticizes Trump for leaving the Covid mitigation decisions up to the states." (Video)

https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/1664447318089662471

Offline Idiot

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2023, 02:54:31 am »
What buck are you talking about @Timber Rattler ?  President Trump was accused of implementing Marshall Law during the lockdowns, something the Constitution prohibits.  I simply pointed out the errors in this line of attack ------ that the President left it to each governor to decide, in compliance with the 10th Amendment and supported several times by USSC decisions.

For your review:

Bonus video:

"November, 2021. Fauci criticizes Trump for leaving the Covid mitigation decisions up to the states." (Video)

*****rollingeyes*****

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2023, 02:55:54 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Trump happens to be the "right candidate at the right time". If we get "more of the usual",America is lost. We NEED a "verbal bomb thrower that can't be bribed" to wake up  a lot of people and make them aware of the corruption of the DNC and WAAAAY too many of those in the RNC.

Trump owes nobody anything,and the ONLY thing he cares about is how he is written about in the history  books. Because of this,he can't be bought and can't even be bribed.

It's either Trump,or one of the "Usual Suspects",and it was the Usual  Suspects working with their Dim counterparts that got us to where we are now.

:thumbsup:   Well said @sneakypete

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2023, 02:59:59 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Thank you for responding.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2023, 03:16:53 am »
What buck are you talking about @Timber Rattler ?  President Trump was accused of implementing Marshall Law during the lockdowns

Really?  Where can I find this accusation?  Who made it?  Or is this simply another in a long string of you making up crap as you go?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2023, 03:36:40 am »

BUT HE DIDN'T, and said so himself!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237820230296010752

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712404260421633

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712413219397632

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1295677038301523968

Surely you are not THAT obtuse!

Here's more:

How 15 Days Became 45: Trump Extends Guidelines To Slow Coronavirus

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/30/822448199/how-15-days-became-45-trump-extends-guidelines-to-slow-coronavirus

Two weeks ago, President Trump entered the White House briefing room and announced an aggressive plan to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

Stay home for 15 days, he told Americans. Avoid groups of more than 10 people. "If everyone makes this change, or these critical changes, and sacrifices now, we will rally together as one nation and we will defeat the virus," he said.

On Sunday, the night before Day 15, Trump told the country to stick with the plan for another month, until April 30.

"The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end," Trump said.

It was an abrupt end to two weeks of whiplash as Trump veered between conflicting advice from public health experts, who were looking at data from labs and hospitals, and friends in the business community, who were looking at the harm to the economy.

In the beginning, Trump focused on the virus. "We're getting rid of the virus," he said. "That's what we're doing. That's the best thing we can do. By the way, for the markets. For everything. It's very simple. It's a very simple solution. We want to get rid of it."

Almost overnight, American life changed in fundamental ways. Schools and restaurants closed. Many people started working from home, and more than 3 million Americans quickly lost their jobs. Anxiety grew about the rising death toll and the number of patients swamping hospitals.

Trump described the decision to issue the guidelines as "one of the most difficult decisions I've ever made" and said he was skeptical when his medical experts came to him with the plan.

"I wasn't happy about it," he said on Fox News last week. "They came in — experts — and they said, 'We are going to have to close the country.' I said, 'We have never closed the country before. This has never happened before.' I said, 'Are you serious about this?' "

From the start, there were questions of what would happen after 15 days, whether the push for what public health officials call social distancing would become the new normal. "People are talking about July, August, something like that," Trump said.

Then, about a week into those 15 days, Trump's message changed.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2023, 04:58:36 am »
I mean a third Trump attempt. My bad

But you’re still avoiding my question

I had a chance to go back and read your posting history in that link and you were very brutally anti-Trump. And you made a lot of claims regarding him.

@LMAO

I know you  are a DeSantimonious fan boi,but  even robots like you should have better things to do with your time than search for posts by me that are several years old. It reeks of desperation.

I also understand that you are a fan boi  with no imagination so you can't conceive of someone changing their mind.

What are you going to do with  yourself when he loses?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2023, 05:36:22 am »
BUT HE DIDN'T, and said so himself!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237820230296010752

The governors decided on lockdowns, masks; all CDC Guidelines.  The "full force of the government" referred to managing our borders and international travel, building emergency care facilities, partnerships with the private sector to manufacture and distribute PPEs and ventilators, removing bureaucracy slowing research, development and distribution of emergency use vaccines and medications, emergency funding for the states.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712404260421633

This is about opening the states governors had chosen to shut down ---- which the President was hellbent on doing. He made no secret of his desire to reopen the country ----- even targeting Easter Sunday as the date.  But, he knew he was Constitutionally powerless to do anything beyond cajoling, offering assistant and removing obstacles ----- hence, no lawsuits were filed by either side.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1295677038301523968

It was turned off ---- by those governors who decided shutdowns were the best tool to save lives.  And, the President was right ------ the economy he built was resilient and strong enough to rebound as (Republican) governors reopened. Democrats were not about to help prove the President right about the economy ----- or turn off the mail-in ballot spigot -----  so they stayed closed into 2021.

Here's more ---- where the truth slips out:

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2023, 08:48:26 am »
Bookmark... @sneakypete

Curious what was SneakyPete's turning point... Late January 2016 (Post 47092) and far as I can tell he is still anti-Trump... and still on talking terms with Musiclady.

Quote from: sneakypete
Why would you vote for a draft-dodger to be the Commander in Chief?

Are you REALLY comfortable with the idea of someone as mentally unstable as Trump having access to the nuclear launch codes?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 08:50:47 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2023, 09:27:59 am »
@LMAO

I know you  are a DeSantimonious fan boi,but  even robots like you should have better things to do with your time than search for posts by me that are several years old. It reeks of desperation.

I also understand that you are a fan boi  with no imagination so you can't conceive of someone changing their mind.

What are you going to do with  yourself when he loses?

Deflecting and dodging, as expected

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 09:34:48 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2023, 03:05:25 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

@sneakypete

Thank Yew!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2023, 03:08:03 pm »
The fan-boi delusions are deep.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2023, 06:01:17 pm »
So SneakyPete came to TBR and made 75 posts on his first day mostly attacking Trump and defending it. He also was "leaning" Cruz.

Quote from: SneakyPete
It is also a major reason I am leaning towards backing Cruz. I'm not locked in on him yet,but at this point I honestly can't see me voting for any of the others.

Honestly...

I also have a slight problem with the "lesser of two evils" people because if you think both candidates are evil,why the HELL are you voting for either one of them? You are KNOWINGLY voting for someone you don't even want to see in public office or trust to me in public office because you THINK someone else might be slightly worse. These people need to wake up and realize that as long as we keep voting for evil,every candidate presented to us will be evil. It's a closed loop.

@sneakypete @roamer_1

Wow, here is Pete actually defending some of us today.

By Mid February it looks like something is starting to form... Pete likes that Trump attacks Bush.

Yup. Trump,regardless of his intentions,has done the nation a service by daring to challenge the PC assumptions that had been allowed to pass as facts because the left had used the tool of "ism" (racism,sexism,etc,etc,etc) to silence conservatives from pointing out the truth about leftism. Trump spoke out and wasn't even struck by lightening! Not only that,but the more he spoke out in a non-PC manner,the higher his ratings went despite him never having an actual plan to solve any of our national problems.

Earlier Pete said Bush's response to 9/11 was the highlight of his career... Here after claiming earlier that his run-in with JimRob (for pointing out Roberson's love of Bush) was the reason for him being thrown off FR.

Quoted in full (IE: Post 46900) because it needs to be carved in stone and put on display somewhere future generations of school children can see it.

I got banned from FR for the final time by being against that dumbass war.

Still Anti-Trump enough .... Feb. 23

Can you picture President Trump and Kim Jong-un getting into a slap fight over who is the smartest? Do you REALLY want a 70 year old man with the maturity of a spoiled 12 year old child with his finger on the nuclear trigger?

Moving on to March... Still not in Trump's camp...

"Trump has the charisma,"

I beg to differ. If anything he has anti-charisma when he purses his lips up and squints his piggy eyes to attack anyone who thinks he might be slightly less than absolutely wonderful,and every time I see him do it I am more determined than ever to not vote for him.

I despise the clown even when he is saying things I want to hear.

That ain't being charismatic.

Classic Pete ...

Somebody named Dump? Chump? Sump?

Suddenly Cruz is not favored anymore... (post 46651)

Cruz lost me when he allowed the Bush nose under his administration tent.

I won't be voting for anyone in the presidential primary.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:07:15 pm by Sighlass »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2023, 06:59:10 pm »
So SneakyPete came to TBR and made 75 posts on his first day mostly attacking Trump and defending it. He also was "leaning" Cruz.

@Sighlass

I hate to embarrass you,but SOME people learn from their mistakes,and this,in addition to more information causes them to change their minds.

You should try some of that "mind changing" some time.

BTW,since you people are so desperate to attack me that  you  are willing to spend the  time to research posts I made a decade or more ago,I  am thinking about changing my mind again right now. I think I will support whatever weasel you vote for,even if it is DeSanctimonious.

"Ahm in wid  da in-crowd......"

Is there some sort of secret handshake or word I need to know?

YEE,HAW!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:03:33 pm by sneakypete »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2023, 07:09:59 pm »
@Sighlass

I hate to embarrass you,but SOME people learn from their mistakes,and this,in addition to more information causes them to change their minds.

You should try some of that "mind changing" some time.

BTW,since you people are so desperate to attack me that  you  are willing to spend the  time to research posts I made a decade or more ago,I  am thinking about changing my mind again right now. I think I will support whatever weasel you vote for,even if it is DeSanctimonious.

"Ahm in wid  da in-crowd......"

Is there some sort of secret handshake or word I need to know?

YEE,HAW!

What I have been saying.  People change their minds when they get new information.  I know you don't need me to defend you, but I think the point was made in dredging up your old posts from 7 years ago, and I would be happy if it were to stop now.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2023, 07:46:30 pm »
Not embarrassed at all SneakyPete, just curious and have some time to kill while listening to music. I go outside and get hot, come back in and relax (cool off) and do some interesting research. Just something that I have time to do and you make an interesting test subject. If I was scientific I would divide in halves to more quickly find the exact point but the method I am using gets more popcorn butter on my fingers. 

Edit: CyberLiberty says "I would be happy if it were to stop now."

After reading clash after clash with SneakyPete vs Mods I sure don't care to be compared to him.

Your wish is my command... I will do my research in private instead of using TBR's pages to bookmark my findings. I am just curious.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:52:59 pm by Sighlass »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2023, 08:55:37 pm »
Not embarrassed at all SneakyPete, just curious and have some time to kill while listening to music. I go outside and get hot, come back in and relax (cool off) and do some interesting research. Just something that I have time to do and you make an interesting test subject. If I was scientific I would divide in halves to more quickly find the exact point but the method I am using gets more popcorn butter on my fingers. 

Edit: CyberLiberty says "I would be happy if it were to stop now."

After reading clash after clash with SneakyPete vs Mods I sure don't care to be compared to him.

Your wish is my command... I will do my research in private instead of using TBR's pages to bookmark my findings. I am just curious.

No worries, its all good.  As I said, @sneakypete doesn't need me to defend him.  I work for TBR.
I will NOT comply.