Author Topic: These Liberal Groups Are Suing To Blow Up A Key Biden Border Policy  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These Liberal Groups Are Suing To Blow Up A Key Biden Border Policy
Anthony D. Romero, Executive Director, A
KAREN BLEIER/AFP via Getty Images

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
June 19, 2023
6:58 AM ET

Liberal activist groups, such as the ACLU and Human Rights First, aren’t happy with the Biden administration’s key border policies implemented to mitigate the flow of migrants after Title 42, the Trump-era expulsion policy, ended on May 11.

These Biden border policies include an asylum restriction that disqualifies some illegal migrants from the country who didn’t first seek asylum protections in another country they passed through on the way to the U.S., and a phone app used to make entry appointments at the U.S. border with Mexico.

“If the rule gets stopped, it will just encourage more to make the journey, it will allow smugglers to continue the human exploitation, more people will overwhelm our agents, our ports and local resources.

Immigration advocates have also heavily scrutinized the Biden administration’s use of CBP One, an app where migrants can schedule appointments for entry to begin asylum proceedings in the U.S.,” Chris Clem, former chief patrol agent for the Yuma sector in Arizona, told the DCNF about the implications of an ACLU lawsuit against the Biden administration’s asylum rule.

Liberal activist groups are at odds with the Biden administration over its key border policies implemented to stem the flow of migrants at the southern border, with the ACLU and other groups filing a lawsuit against the administration’s asylum rule in May.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/19/these-liberal-groups-are-suing-to-blow-up-a-key-biden-border-policy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson