Author Topic: DeSantis 2024 debut in Iowa and New Hampshire falls flat, Trump extends lead Paul Bedard  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R-FL) initial presidential campaign tour through the states hosting the first two 2024 GOP contests drew tons of media and lots of voter gazing but did not provide the pop he hoped for.

Two new polls out this week show that former President Donald Trump continues to dominate the race despite the attention on DeSantis and the criminal indictment of the 45th president by his successor’s Justice Department.

The surprising results have buoyed Trump and depressed supporters of DeSantis who had hoped he would revive the lead he once held in those two states several months ago.

The New Hampshire Journal-Coefficient poll, taken after Trump’s indictment, gave the former president a commanding 49%-23% lead over DeSantis in a head-to-head contest.

In a more inclusive survey of the top seven Republican candidates, Trump’s lead grew to 47%-13%, showing that his hold is firm. No other GOP challenger is out of single digits.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/desantis-2024-debut-in-iowa-n-h-fell-flat-trump-extends-lead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
DeSantis isn't going to give people a circus carnival show. If that's what the GOP wants, they're not going to like the results.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 10:35:20 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

DeSantis is going to give people a circus carnival show. If that's what the GOP wants, they're not going to like the results.

What the hell do you call the last 7 years of Trump?

Offline libertybele

I don't have a whole lot of hope in the GOP., nor do they represent me.  I'm not so sure I will even bother registering as a Republican again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Come on @Right_in_Virginia

Outside of Las Vegas, everyone else in Nevada showed up.  :cool:

Top notch.  :laugh:

@bigheadfred

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 10:14:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

I don't have a whole lot of hope in the GOP., nor do they represent me.  I'm not so sure I will even bother registering as a Republican again.

Even if somebody besides Donald Trump starts gaining traction in the primaries, you can bet the left on mobilize to make sure they getting a vote support Trump over the top so he can go on to lose the general election.

And why wouldn’t they, It’s worked for them before

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What the hell do you call the last 7 years of Trump?

Sorry, isn't. I am the laziest proofreader you know.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

Sorry, isn't. I am the laziest proofreader you know.

Understood. Well I'm not lazy at proofreading, I'm just not very good at writing period...

Offline libertybele

Even if somebody besides Donald Trump starts gaining traction in the primaries, you can bet the left on mobilize to make sure they getting a vote support Trump over the top so he can go on to lose the general election.

And why wouldn’t they, It’s worked for them before

Unfortunately true -- someone hopefully can beat them at their own game. Doubtful. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump cruises, DeSantis flatlines in polling even after bombshell indictment
Politico, Jun 17, 2023

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/17/trump-indictment-election-2024-polling-00102522