Author Topic: Federal Judge Blocks Seattle Police From Enforcing Property Damage Ordinance  (Read 213 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal Judge Blocks Seattle Police From Enforcing Property Damage Ordinance

Holly Matkin
June 16, 2023
Seattle, WA – A federal judge issued a ruling on Tuesday blocking Seattle police from enforcing property damage laws for any vandalism resulting in less than $750 in damages.

U.S. District Court Judge Marsha Pechman issued an injunction on June 13, claiming the City of Seattle’s property damage ordinance “poses a real threat [of] censorship” as it pertains to graffiti, KIRO reported.

Under Seattle Municipal Code 12A.08.020, an individual who damages someone else’s property or “writes, paints, or draws any inscription, figure, or mark of any type on any public or private building or other structure” not belonging to them and without permission is guilty of property destruction.

https://policetribune.com/federal-judge-blocks-seattle-police-from-enforcing-property-damage-ordinance/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Someone should go to her house and "paint" it to see what she thinks then. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Someone should go to her house and "paint" it to see what she thinks then. :yowsa:

:thumbsup: