Author Topic: Are you ready for the Juneteenth federal holiday tomorrow? By Thomas Lifson  (Read 2132 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So has Chicago.  I am getting so tired of the lying advert that comes on spotify (yes, I'm too cheap to pay for the premium subscription) touting all the "wonders" of Chicago, without once mentioning the skyrocketing crime and murder statistics.

@Kamaji

Is there ANYONE who was born in America that doesn't know that Chicago is one of the most dangerous places on the planet?

Warning people that if they go there they might get shot is akin to warning people that if they go to the beach they may get sunburned or wet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Odd how there was no mention of the race of either  the shooters or the vic-tums,huh?
Thus, the cessation of news coverage about 10 seconds after the initial report.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

One reason Juneteenth isn't catching on organically with the general public is that it's obviously a politicized partisan "holiday," not a celebration where all Americans are invited to join hands and rejoice in a great achievement. That's what it should be, but it isn't.  ...  You can't introduce a "holiday" like this into the context of pervasive grievance-mongering and identity politics and expect people to just say, "Sounds lovely, let's join hands and celebrate!" Every OTHER day, white Americans are told nobody wants to join hands with them.  ...

TWITTER THREAD:

https://twitter.com/Doc_0/status/1670788253446701056

Offline Kamaji

One reason Juneteenth isn't catching on organically with the general public is that it's obviously a politicized partisan "holiday," not a celebration where all Americans are invited to join hands and rejoice in a great achievement. That's what it should be, but it isn't.  ...  You can't introduce a "holiday" like this into the context of pervasive grievance-mongering and identity politics and expect people to just say, "Sounds lovely, let's join hands and celebrate!" Every OTHER day, white Americans are told nobody wants to join hands with them.  ...

TWITTER THREAD:

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

A black female congressional candidate speaks:
Lavern Spicer 🇺🇸
@lavern_spicer
Today is Juneteenth, and the media is busy reminding Black folks of slavery and how bad we had it in this country 200 years ago.

I’m so tired of being told about our tragic past. I’m so tired of hearing about slavery that I’ve never lived through. I’m tired of being told that I wasn’t given forty acres and a mule.

The entire Democrat Party wants to keep us Black folks in a poverty mindset rather than teaching us how to acquire generational wealth.
Because then that would make us EQUAL, and Democrats don’t want that.

They say they do but think about it:

They never willingly gave up their slaves.

They never expected to have to SHARE restaurants and water fountains and land and property equally with us.

They never expected to be forced to have to share the entire country with us.

The civil war was a HUGE disaster for them and they been pissed ever since.

So when they talk about systemic racism, they the ones who built that system.

Whoever was in the government that believed in slavery is still in the government keeping us back from fully enjoying this country.

I don’t want to keep being associated with poverty and slavery. I want to be associated with greatness!

Black people are a resilient people and a SMART a people, but we have been betrayed by our leaders who look like us but think like them.

People like Kamala and Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman and especially Barack Obama. People like Whoopi and Sunny and Oprah and Joy Reid.

They keep telling us that WE CANT MAKE IT LIKE THEY MADE IT.

Well I’m here to show them that we can. And when I finally win my seat in Congress I will shut all that noise down. Because I am the master of my own fate, not the overlords.

Slavery ended 158 years ago, but we still have a long way to go to end the SLAVERY OF THE MIND.

When I get elected to Congress, I’ll show everyone exactly how far the Black race has come.

Go to http://LavernSpicer.com and help me get there!
8:49 AM · Jun 19, 2023

Offline mountaineer

This one's interesting, too:
Cynical Publius
@CynicalPublius
I would like to explain "Juneteenth."

First, some personal context.  I am a white guy married to a black woman for 30+ years.  She comes from a very  large, very poor family, living largely in Florida and Georgia.  They can trace their roots back to the slave days.  Literally no one in her family had ever heard the word "Juneteenth" until it was made a federal holiday.  Apparently, the only black people who had ever even heard of that word were from a very specific region of Texas.

So why is it a "holiday"?  Because rich white Democrats are patronizing racists.  You see, "Juneteenth" is a bastardized word that smacks of an uneducated grasp of the English language.  It has the ring of so-called "ebonics." This appeals to rich white Democrats because it conforms to their guiding principle that black people are genetically unintelligent, helpless vassals who cannot survive without the largesse of their rich, white Democrat betters. The word "Juneteenth" appeals to the notion of all rich, white Democrats that all black people are functionally illiterate, and by condescendingly celebrating that supposed illiteracy, the rich, white Democrats affirm their smug superiority over their former slaves.

For the record, my wife and most of her family hate this "holiday" like poison.  Happy Fathers' Day.

Explained.
11:57 AM · Jun 17, 2023

Offline Kamaji

Slavery ended 158 years ago, but we still have a long way to go to end the SLAVERY OF THE MIND.

Amen to that!

Offline corbe

LBJ destroyed the Black Family, thus bringing US this $hit 60 years later.

Joey The Jone · Dave Sharp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K1eEouT_3Q

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

Super intelligent lady!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Speaking solely for myself,I sure hope she wins!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Here's the real reason for traditional-minded white folks to celebrate on June 19th:

Both were executed on this date.
Justice served!

(that which happened in Texas, I care not -- and I wouldn't be surprised if most other Americans of Euro heritage feel the same way)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

TWITTER THREAD:

I believe it passed unanimously in both Houses of Congress though...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I believe it passed unanimously in both Houses of Congress though...

535 panderers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Another Juneteenth celebration gone perfectly ... as expected.
     Jun 20, 2023
BREAKING: Six youths shot after Milwaukee Juneteenth celebration
According to Milwaukee Police, six teens were shot, including a 17-year-old who may have been the gunman and is now in custody.
The Post Millennial

On Monday afternoon, six teens were shot towards the end of Milwaukee’s Juneteenth celebration.

According to local officials, the shooting occurred at approximately 4:20 pm, approximately 20 minutes after the event had ended outside Greater Philadelphia Church of God in Christ. ...

T. Jenkins told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that a fight between two women occurred before the shooting and then a young man pulled out a gun and everyone scattered and that the man did some of the shooting.

Over Juneteenth weekend, CBS reported that at least 12 have been killed and over 100 have been injured in shootings across the US.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1671001710184255489
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 12:33:54 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I will remember June 19, 2023 as the day we all survived Thunbug's proclamation that the world would end.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok,is ANYBODY really surprised by the shootings?

The only  thing surprising to me is that there weren't more of them.

Offline PeteS in CA

My family's ties to Juneteenth (and I do know what historical event it celebrates) is not great. Half of my ancestors were in modern Ukraine. On the other side of my family, at least one served on the Union side of the war, and others lived in the North. To me, Juneteenth simply celebrates the completion of what Lincoln started 2 1/2 years earlier.

My company did observe the holiday, but the rest of my household did not have the day off. I "celebrated" by doing a 4 mile out-and-back from central Los Gatos up to Lexington Reservoir and back. Going up to the reservoir is about a mile and a half of steady, mostly gentle, uphill. The last .2 miles is 10% or 11% grade uphill. So it was a test of how out of shape I am and whether I could even do it. I'll just leave of with saying I did complete it, and was not as bad as I thought, but still not great.

It was interesting to see how full the reservoir was. A year ago the water level was depressingly low. Yesterday it was up to the tree line. The lake is used as a water source for Silicon Valley, directly, through a 3'-4' diameter pipeline, and indirectly, through the many percolation ponds that are used to recharge the aquifer, from which water is drawn. Some water in Los Gatos Creek does eventually reach the bay, but contrary to some claims I've seen (e.g. in the Epoch Times) the water from this past rainy winter is very far from all running off into the Pacific Ocean. Most of the many reservoirs in northern and central California went from depressingly low to full or nearly full.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Juneteenth has affected me in the following ways: my library was closed Monday. Then it was closed on Tuesday for W.Va. Day.
I am very disappointed.

Offline mountaineer

Not sure whether this is the final Juneteenth tally:
     Jun 20, 2023
12 killed, more than 100 shot in Juneteenth celebrations across the US
The shootings ranged across multiple cities and states, including Chicago, Milwaukee, Washington, Pennsylvania, St. Louis, Baltimore, Idaho, and Southern California.
C.G. Jones, The Post Millennial

A number of mass shootings during Juneteenth across the US killed 12 and injured more than 100 since Friday. CBS News reported that the recent development has signaled a hike in homicides since the coronavirus pandemic.

The shootings ranged across multiple cities and states, including Chicago, Milwaukee, Washington, Pennsylvania, St. Louis, Baltimore, Idaho, and Southern California.

Daniel Nagin, a professor of public policy and statistics at Carnegie Mellon University, said: “There’s no question there’s been a spike in violence. Some of these cases seem to be just disputes, often among adolescents, and those disputes are played out with firearms, not with fists.”  ...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Juneteenth has affected me in the following ways: my library was closed Monday. Then it was closed on Tuesday for W.Va. Day.
I am very disappointed.

Our garbage pickup was delayed which is annoying.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Our garbage pickup was delayed which is annoying.

Juneteenth is a garbage holiday.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

75 people were shot in Chicago over Juneteenth weekend. 13 fatally.

https://twitter.com/AmiriKing/status/1671583934654689280

Offline mountaineer

Get into our newest holiday with all the enthusiasm of a woke Minneapolis mayor.

https://twitter.com/AlphaNewsMN/status/1671608929665597447